Casa de Arcilla Garnacha Blanca (6)

Casa de Arcilla Garnacha Blanca 6-Pack
Sold by: Middleton Family WInes
$54.99 $132.00 58% off List Price
2012 Casa de Arcilla Garnacha Blanca, Paso Robles

Plenty of ww community notes in the ct link. We went through a 1/2 case of this last year, I should say my wife went through it. I tasted it a couple times but took no real notes. She liked it a bit but complained that she would wake up with a headache, which is uncommon for her.

I think it’s a solid buy at this price and it’s a drink this year type of wine. We won’t be buying again for the reason stated above.

Opened a bottle of this on New Year’s Eve when the bubbly ran out. Interesting floral nose. Crisp and vibrant on the palate with flavors of fresh-picked pear, lime zest, wet stone and baker’s yeast. Some white pepper on the finish with just the slightest hint of sweetness. Nice acidity and some minerality help pull it all together.

Finished the bottle the following day and it was still just as tasty as day 1. Even finished a glass that had sat on the nightstand for almost seven hours and it was totally drinkable. Therefore, I respectfully disagree with cortot and believe that this wine can easily hold on for another 2-3 years at least.

EDIT to add that it paired well with pork roast and sauerkraut.

So it’s a good breakfast wine too??

; )

Breakfast of Champions!

Breakfast of mushrooms?

Couldn’t resist.
Been a long day.

Champignons