Casey Flat Ranch Estate Red Wine (3)

Hi Thank you for your interest…We can ship to Georgia …Email me at Brenda@caseyflatranch.com and I will honor this wine woot price. This a great price and a tough one to match, but we love to please our new wine woot friends! You will love this wine!!

WTSO policy is pretty slippery. Purchaser takes possession in NJ.WTSO provides shipping service, acting on behalf of the purchaser. By utilizing their service the purchaser represents that they are compliant with their local and state laws for shipping wine. How’s that for passing the buck?

You are so kind!

So, I am fortunate to have a bottle of this wine and thought I’d share my experience with it so far. I’ll try to post an update later today as the wine has more time to breathe.

http://photoluvr.smugmug.com/Other/Misc/i-B4zMNMt/0/XL/smugshot_1410339-XL.jpg

Right off the bat, getting a nice nose of plum and a hint of earthy dust.

Pop and pour, this wine has some solid tannins that lead me to believe it’ll age very well and that it also needs to continue to open.

runs through Vinturi to accelerate aeration

Plum nose is brighter now, with some dark berries coming through underneath. I’m also getting some black pepper on the nose.

Mouth feel is more broadened, now, in line with a full-bodied wine that is nicely balanced. The tannins are still firm, but under control. Getting some nice juicy blackberry flavors and cassis along the way. Finish is long and fills my mouth completely. I think this would pair really well with a nice beef stew.

Given how well this wine is drinking now, I’m going to mark it up a bit to a 91 since I think it will age very well and will be a great wine along the way.

(I cross-posted this on CellarTracker, btw…)

I love how you just turned my mistake into a bonus!! Thank you! I’ll blame it on the hours and hours of 2012 red wine blending/tasting… the mind becomes a sea of percentages.

Thank you for the nice description and the beautiful photo!

Later this evening,I poured a glass and I can not believe how beautifully this wine has opened. The tartness is gone and the palate is deep and plummy! It is delicious! The tannins are no longer very evident on the finish- the finish is smooth and lucious. What a wine! Needs some time to open for sure. Kudos CFR!

WD, can you please explain exactly what you mean by buying wine directly from the winery? Do you not ever take possession of the wine? Does all of your wine ship exactly as it would if bought from the winery? How does your model differ from WTSO? Seems to be some defense on your point of view on what others are doing, but never any specifics. Can you please explain in black and white and in simple terms what you are alluding to?

I was just getting back online to post the same. Wine is much better now, for sure. The Vinturi did help in the beginning, but letting this thing breathe for a few hours made a huge difference. I’m still getting a medium/strong amount of tannins, but they are silky now and would agree that they dissipate more quickly at the end, but the wine still has a super long finish. Great juice. Yummay.

just getting around to checking woot…This definitely sounds yummy! unfortunately I have no room!!! :frowning: