Casio Exilim 10MP Digital Camera

how durable is this i.c.o.b.d. (in case of being dropping)?

Def not pink or red. I think it’s a light purple.

I think I’ll pass after seeing it online for less than the price offered here. But thanks anyway.

here’s the user manual as well

We have this camera and like most of the features. The video capture most is decent (but not wonderful) though I’ve encountered some errors that are inexplicable.

There are quite a few settings that you can customize, which is nice. If you know what type of setting you’ll be taking pictures in, you can select all the right features (flash brightness, shutter speed, etc.) and it does a decent job. The preset Best Shot options are also pretty good, and seem to fit the different scenarios well.

One thing I hate: It likes to reset some basic settings, like shutter speed. So sometimes I want to turn it on and take a quick shot of something candid and end up messing with the settings until the speed is fast enough not to blur any movement (and I mean ANY movement–the default is like 200).

And for the record, I would say it’s a metallic maroon.

Most point and shoots just aren’t made for dropping, unless they’re specifically built for durability. Lenses are just too fragile, and so are many other parts. My old Canon Powershot SD1000 was hailed as ‘durable’ by reviewers, but one 4-foot drop onto a gym floor screwed up its lens pretty well.

Wouldn’t go into this for a “durable” P&S…

Link??

I have used a previous model of this same camera. The quality is superb. The video quality is pretty good for a small camera like this. In fact, I’ve shot a couple of school video projects using this camera.

will this work with my mac?

I have an older Exilim 10MP digital camera. I love these cameras. They have a lot of great pre-settings and they’re pretty durable. If I wasn’t already a happy camera owner I would get one.

Any ideas if Casio digicams in general (and this model in particular) are easily hackable like CHDK does to Canon cameras?

I bit this time and the last time (a receipt scanner, really… because that’s what I really needed) Now I can… scan the receipt for this mystery color camera. I’m going to blame my stressful day but my husband still wont understand…

I had one of these, and it worked pretty well. I broke it during training, but that’s another story.

I have an exilim camera and was disappointed to learn that casio has not made x64 drivers for the USB utility. While I have no issues with using a SD card reader, less tech savvy users may get frustrated if they use 64 bit vista or windows 7

Lol, win for RvB quote!

The nice thing is no self-respecting thief would be caught dead stealing your “lightish red” camera. I used to paint my tools pink so no one else would use them.

Not very good really… there’s better for around the same price if you’re a little patient in your shopping. We got it and a 7 year old Kodak takes better shots if you want to print them. It does have more programming options, but I wouldn’t do it again.

My family has three - Mom, daughter and myself. Takes great shots for its cost/purpose, no quality problems in three out of three, the battery lasts an incredibly long time, and extra batteries are $10 anywhere online.

If I didn’t already have three, I’d be in for three.

Anyone want to expand on the video aspect of this camera, please?

Q: What’s the difference between pink and purple?
A: Your grip.