Casio Exilim 12.1MP Digital Camera

I dont understand, the camera says 12.1 mega pixels, but the discription says 12.70 at the bottom?

can u really tell the difference dude?

the human eye can only absorb 6 mega pixels max…

I went through two Casio Exilim cameras in under a year. After being done with warranty claims it was ditched for a canon. Anyone that purchases a camera with a youtube sticker on it will need direction on the “half click”.

Had one that lasted 2 years until The Kids got their grubby paws on it. Replaced it with a DSLR. Still, some of my best, and favorite photos were shot with the Casio. Sigh…

If I’m going to a place with no electricity, is this camera not worth buying? I want to take high quality pictures, but my older and less “advanced” camera runs on regular old AA’s. There isn’t any reason for me to get this camera, is there? Any ideas?

The Voices are sad that your new business model didn’t work out, but The Voices had a great time and A’ye will be sure to wish everyone WE know a happy November

Found other websites on Dealtime offering exact same camera…guess what? woot! wins again in pricing.
http://www.dealtime.com/xPO-Casio-Casio-Exilim-EX-Z90-12-1-MP-Digital-Camera-Available-in-Black-Silver-or-Blue-KIT-includes-Camera

I use a point-&-shoot camera every day at work. I need to be able to take close-up pictures. Nothing in the description indicates that this is possible, so I’ll ask - can this take close-up pictures?

I bought this exact camera at Costco before Christmas for 109. It takes fantastic pictures, and is very easy to use. Costco came with some freebies though. Free prints, a 2gb sd card,and a case. I love the small size, and I can’t even tell when it’s in my front pocket. Highly recommended.

Had 1… well 2 actually because the first one died while under warranty. The sensor crapped out and it started taking pictures with lines through everything. The next one is still working in the wifes purse and it works better than a cellphone camera… but don’t expect good results is you need a flash. The flash is week and if it needs a flash then your pictures will suffer. Good for bright lights and web shots… that’s about it.

Mine actually quit within a few weeks of purchasing it. It seemed to be a known problem that was going around, so they had no problems sending a new one (battery). I was posting more as a forewarning: “If you get your camera and the battery will not charge [the light on the docking station blinks continuously], call Casio and they should help to resolve the issue.”

It’s a very nice point-and-shoot camera. Don’t expect it to take the most professional photos, but for this price, I really couldn’t complain. The videos it takes are wonderful quality, but can be a bit shaky if you don’t use a tripod or other stabilizing device.

I will admit it’s not too good with indoor photos, but takes brilliantly clear outdoor photos with proper natural lighting.

You might want to invest in a non-digital camera, some intro-level SLRs are a few hundred bucks. You could store up on a few months worth of film (probably cheaper than a few months worth of AAs) and then develop them whenever you make it to a big city.

So I got TWO of these cameras for free in my only BOC…

Con: Its pretty delicate - so make sure u have a case. And the LCD screen quality is not that great.

PRO: the pictures are pretty damn good which means the lens is pretty good. Also the camera is small in size and very handy.

Overall: i approve. its no cannon powershot but it does the trick just as good without the heavy pricetag.

Was looking for a new camera so this was the perfect opportunity. Definitely looks like a great buy.

I would have been happy with this camera, except that I had to buy this in Japan for 20,000 Yen (roughly $240 at the time) when my canon powershot suffered water damage. one of the worst tech purchases i ever made.

i guess for $100 it takes mediocre pictures but for hte price i paid it was a joke. my images came out pretty blurry and washed out. suffers from too many pixels too small sensor syndrome. don’t even think about taking any decent night pictures. great camera for a kid, but otherwise i’d pass on this one.

only thing it has going is the form factor.

sounds like you should not have sensitive equipment if you are so clumsy. funny i have never in my life dropped a camera and i use them all the time

I wish I had the money to afford this, my friend has this camera and loves it. Especially for youtube it is very convenient and fits right in your pocket for easy storing.

I have three Casio Cameras. They are built durably, with many models making ample use of metal and very tough/thick plastic. Out of the 6 models between me and my family, I’ve had to do one repair because of drop out of a moving car onto concrete. (Don’t ask).

The repair was only quoted to be about $68 and Casio covered it under warranty. (You would have never guessed the camera took a tumble out of a moving car).

That being said about the durability experiences I’ve had… Casio Camera’s are very easy to use, and have great out-of-the-box performance, especially in terms of auto white balance. Rarely you’ll get a shot that’s green, blue, or some odd hue that your camera couldn’t compensate for. And if for some reason it DOES fail, Casio cameras always have a Manual WB setting.

They often have great colors (a little too over saturated for those who prefer to do their own PP - Non-issue since this is adjustable in camera), relatively decent sharpness (also adjustable in camera), and slightly too aggressive noise reduction (No NR settings in camera), and average to below average low light performance.

In the end, Casio is a solid performer.

Great for people who’d never tinker with settings.

Great for those who want to tweak colors, sharpness, contrast, and brightness.

If this model HAD manual controls, this would even suit some more advanced users.

Do you have next day or 2 - 3 day shipping??

Nope, sorry. Apart from some rare occasions, we generally ship Fedex SmartPost or Ground. (Where noted.) In this case, Ground shipping is denoted in the write-up with an icon.