Casio Exilim 12.1MP Digital Camera

Woot/Casio must be really desperate if they consider the following to be a feature highlight (from Woot’s description):

Timekeeping Function
* Built-in quartz digital clock
* Date and time (recorded with image data with time stamp function)
* Auto Calendar to 2049

What camera doesn’t have a built-in quartz clock???

if its the just the price that has you shop around you can find 14mp for 10 dollars more

I have the older version of this same camera and I absolutely love it! Unfortunately the “set” button broke on it a few months back so now its locked in easy mode. I don’t know if this one has Best Shot or not but that function is amazing! You can take a picture of something off in the distance when its dark outside and it comes out crystal clear. This was my first digital camera and over all I give it a “thumbs up” =D

Windows 7 does not recognize my Iomega external drive. Will this camera be recognized in USB? Never had a problem with USB with XP. I sell on e-Bay and need a camera to support my listings. H-E-L-P

Yes, it’s perfect for a 12 y/o. Other cameras at this price will be generic, and re-branded by Vivitar, GE, Polaroid, etc and come with poorly-translated instructions and no future support. Casio is a top Japanese electronics company and leader in many areas, i.e. calculators, LCD watches, etc. They design and manufacture their own cameras and provide updates on their own website as necessary.

I wonder how this compares to the Nikon Coolpix L22 I bought?

I had been waiting for woot to have a camera and sure enough, after I bought one on ebay, that’s all I see here now. Sigh.

Yes, it will.

One of the biggest selling points of the Exilim series is…well, the thinness. The first time I saw one (a lady seated in front of me took it out of her purse), I thought, wow, is that handy!

So just now, I Googled “thinnest digital camera” and found this link first.

“Ultra-thin zoom camera shootout
Thin, Thin, Thin is In: We tested 13 ultra-thin, super-elegant zoom cameras.”

“‘You can never be too rich or too thin,’ they say.”

Their conclusion? Two standouts - “Best overall and Power/features: Casio Exilim EX-Z750” and “‘Tiny factor’ winner: Casio Exilim EX-S500”

Obviously, you sacrifice some image quality with a camera this thin (the Woot offering is 0.8"). But just as obviously, Casio knows how to do thin.

Not one that’s made by a reputable manufacturer who will actually provide support. Most 14mp cameras below $70 are generically made in China, and rebranded by an American company that has no knowledge of the product. And their 14mp’s generally look worse than a 10mp camera from a real company.

Windows 7 should have no problems recognizing this or your external drive. This should show up like any other USB flash drive. But there really isn’t any reason to use a USB connection. It’s much easier and faster to just remove the SD card and plug it into your computer. You can then either copy the photos onto your hard drive, or upload directly from the SD card.

As for your Iomega, perhps your USB cord or port is broken. Have you tried using a different cord or port? You should also go into the Control Panel and age the Device Manager adn see if the iomega is listed. if not, ask the Device manager to do a manual scan of new devices.

Good luck.

We pull our specs directly from manufactures. Specs

Besides, if they didn’t put it in the specs, someone would ask.

Check out the price of the NP-80 replacement battery before buying,costs as much as the camera.Aftermarket usage voids warranty.Thanks Jeff for another bucket of chicken.

Thanks to Woot I have both the 10mp and 14mp versions and they both take excellent pics. Maybe not the greatest in very low light but passable. Can’t speak directly to this model but very pleased with the two I have. Yes,the YouTube sticker does come off.

Do you really think that the iPhone’s 5 mp camera with 5x digital zoom can compare to this REAL camera with 14 mp and 3x OPTICAL zoom?

The iPhone doesn’t have optical zooming, which I consider one of the most useful features on a camera. Nor does it have stabilization. Casio’s digital stabilization is decent, and it has a no-flash anti-shake mode that automically takes multiple shots and then intelligently juxtapose them into one clear image. Speaking of flash, this cAsio has a real flash. The iPhone uses an LED which doesn’t even come close to a real flash.

I’ve got this exact camera, bought it Christmas a year ago -seems like- (full-blown CRS disease)… Super satisfied with the quality, OS, size and features. It was the fourth Exilim I’ve bought for family. All are still in service. As for after-market batteries; 3rd party, high-quality batts are $3-$5.00 shipped on @mazon - if you’re worried about voiding the warranty on a $60 camera, well, don’t be. Each of the Casios I’ve bought got two extra 3rd party batts, and all four cameras still work fine.

Seriously? How old is that list? The Exilim EX-Z750 is 7.2 MP with 3x optical zoom and a 2.5" LCD screen. That’s what the list considers “Best overall and Power/features”?!?! It seems neither rich in power or features.

I agree that thin is nice though. And I’m willing to sacrifice quality and features for somethign that I can carry in my back pocket which is why the Exilim Ex-FS10 is my everyday camera. Mediocre photos but great for capturing unexpected everyday events. Considering that the optical zoom lens are all internal, the images aren’t that bad.

I also just bought the Samsung with 15x optical zoom and optical stabilization from Woot… Nowhere near as svelte, and it probably won’t even fit m shirt pocket but it’s nice to have around when I need “power” features.

Casio Ex-FS10

http://edge.fatwallet.com/static/i/deals/casio-exilim-ex-fs10-camera.jpg

I don’t have a Casio camera but I read it has the longest battery use in one charge, something like 3x as much as the second most, like Casio can do 1000 shots and the 2nd place is like 300 shots. Pretty impressive for its size. I’d consider one just for this but too many cameras already!

I also use 3rd party batteries for my Casio EX-FS10, bought off eBay for about $3 each. The problem with non-Casio batteries is not so much voiding the warranty, but leakage and mislabeling. Many of these batteries are either refurbished or relabeled used batteries (meaning much shorter lifespan and capacity), or have a fake capacity rating. My 3rd party catteries. for example, don’t last as long as my genuine Casio battery. One of them even has a higher MAh rating than the genuine Casio.

See - it goes to show that Casio has been making thin Exilims for a long time! :wink:

BTW, I still have my first digicam - a 1mp Kodak (really 0.7mp - they advertised as 1mp since the horizontal resolution was 1kp).

A REMINDER TO TAX-PAYING WOOTERS (NY, WA, TX):

Don’t forget to use the coupon code, “TAXSUCKS” for this Woot. Since the total comes out to > $40, it qualifies and you’ll get a $5 instant refund. That means that we taxpaying Wooters actually end up paying less than Wooters who don’t pay sales tax (if you buy one). That’s because the sales tax end up being less than $5, so we come up being a bit ahead.