Caso Induction Cooker-Your Choice

I’m thinking the fact that it does not get hot is going to be a major flaw

How would this compare to the NUWave units that are advertised on TV at about twice the price?

If you use a cast iron or s/s smoker box on it,it should work fine!

I remember seeing some stats on what % of reviewers are paid to give good or bad reviews- it was pretty high. Amazon tries to fight it and has actually sued over a 1000 people. Google ‘amazon fights paid reviews’ to see lots of links.

I can’t vouch for this particular unit, but I will share my experience with the “True” induction countertop model we bought when our kitchen was being remodeled: definitely superior to a countertop electric coil. It generally worked well and got us comfortably through several months of life without a proper kitchen. It’s not as nice as gas, but it’s a step way up from the coil: easier to clean, more powerful, faster to heat and faster to cool. You do need the not-so-special pans: no aluminum.

Per the vendor…yes it does have overheat protection!

I have one of the NuWave cooktops that was given to me as a gift (along with a NuWave fondue pot that I have never even opened). The cooktop works decent. It can almost boil water as fast as my 1953 Tappan gas range (normal size burner), and works well with my vintage Rena Ware tri-clad pots and pans, as well as with my cast iron skillets. My complaints about the NuWave… it’s round and doesn’t store well. It’s plastic, and it seems well built, but the membrane style buttons just feel cheap. Every tiime I use it, it smells like overheating electronics, though I have had it for well over a year with no failure. The NuWave is rated at 1500 watts. I’m really tempted to purchase one of these if only to conmpare them

Coincidentally, The Sweethome posted a review on portable induction cooktop today. They mentioned this:

“If you have a pacemaker, most manufacturers recommend consulting your doctor before operating an induction burner. While it’s unlikely the electromagnetic field will interfere with the device, it’s best to seek a professional opinion before using one. Also, home appliances that use radio waves—such as radios, televisions, and cell phones—can sometimes interfere with an induction burner’s electromagnetic field, causing them to not work well. It’s best to operate an induction burner away from these devices.”

Source - The 3 Best Portable Induction Cooktops 2022 | Reviews by Wirecutter

Do either of these work on 220v?

The part about radios and televisions interfering with induction burners is absolute freaking nonsense. The field generated by the induction burner is orders of magnitude greater, so the notion that tiny bits of RF energy would have any effect on it likely reflects on the author having taken hallucinatory substances prior.

Source: I’m an actual engineer - we run these sorts of tests during product development

We got rid of our coil-range oven and got a Wisco commercial counter top oven and another $59.95 induction cooker. We’ve never looked back with regret.

I even stumbled upon a moka pot that works with induction, plus a wok, a cast iron pan and a stew pot.

I’m grabbing the smaller (but heavier) one as the other looks a bit large - and is sold out.

I don’t know if all that “German designed” copy is BS or not, but the thinner one looks like every other Chinese one on the market.

Regardless, this kind of cooking really works and since I used a rice cooker, pressure cooker and microwave, his fits my “stovetop” needs just fine.

My wife was skeptical, but now enjoys the extra space losing the stove/oven has created. We also don’t worry about cats jumping on not yet cooled electric coil burners.

Gotta love those “expert” net postings!

Person a: glass is half full.
Person b: glass is half empty.
Engineer: You have too much glass.

Physicist: glass is full (water in bottom, air on top)

Me: I’m thirsty. Would you hand me the damn glass!!!

Mine is not working. I get E6 overheat alarm all the time and it stops cooking. I have induction cook top inside the house and use the correct pots. tried few different pots . not working. I had high hopes for this one

I’m so sorry to hear that. If you haven’t already, please use the Support Form linked at the top of the page to contact customer support for assistance.

What they likely meant to say, but failed to, is that the induction cook top may interfere with reception on those devices and not the other way around.