Cass Paso Robles Mixed White (6)

One of the best Paso wineries on the east side, if not THE best.
I am very familiar with their reds, the single varietal Mourvedre being one of my absolute favorites.
I don’t know as much about their whites, but I expect these to be excellent.

fify

Cheers!

Hey, it’s cooling down, and this offer looks interesting…hmmmm.

:slight_smile:

Hi All,
This is Sterling the Winemaker at Cass Winery. I will be checking in here in order to answer some questions you may have about the wine.

It looks like some have been wondering about the Alcohols. The 14 Vio is just over 15% but is not at all a “hot” wine, it is nicely balanced with the acid.
At San Fran International Wine Comp this took “Best Viognier” 94 pts Double Gold.

It got hot at harvest time, spiking the sugar, but it gave it great flavor and has balanced acid.

Hi Sterling,
I watched the video that was posted and was intrigued. The owner seems to love the style of South African wines but you guys make mostly Rhone varietals. How do those intersect?

Rocket Man!

I can’t really speak for him but I would say it was more the style of the wines then the varietals. That being generally light and approachable but elegant. This style shows more of how our estate vineyard produces the fruit. Whereas a lot of Paso wines tend to be big, black and tannic. A lot of vineyard expression and nuance can be lost in that style.

Interesting. The lighter style was noted by the two reviewers as well. Do all your reds follow the same style?

Yes, it is the same with the reds as well (vintage depending) Our Reserve wine would be the biggest down to our Grenache which is very light and elegant and at 13.6% Alc.

Bay State Wine Lovers Toast New Wine Direct Shipping Law
Long-Awaited Relief from State’s Archaic Ban on Winery-to-Consumer Direct Shipping

July 11, 2014, Napa, CA – Wine lovers of Massachusetts are toasting Governor Patrick’s signature on the latest budget bill, which includes provisions allowing for limited, regulated winery-to-consumer shipments. Starting January 2015, Massachusetts’ adult residents will be able to purchase wines directly from wineries licensed by the state to ship.

I visited Cass this past March. I enjoyed their wines across the board. I am not a big white wine drinker, but the Roussanne really stood out to me. And the reds were delicious!

Just got through reading the summer-shipping stuff…but it still doesn’t help me. I have a FedEx notification that delivery will happen 9/22/2015 (TODAY); a notification that I received a week ago along with the “label created” notification.

Well, no updates…nothing, nada, zip. So I’m sitting at work, wondering if my wine is actually on the FedEx truck heading to my house. I won’t know until I get home, and THEN have to make arrangements to get the wine. Did I mention that I live in Louisiana? Where it’s been in the 90s still?

I emailed Woot! Customer Service and received a very lame reply that merely stated the information that I have from FedEx. Don’t you guys have a tracking of your packages traveling via the “refrigerated trucks???”

I was really looking forward to this wine…

FedEx does not have refrigerated trucks so WD has to use freight trucks. Those do not have tracking.

Your tracking will update when it’s handed off to FedEx at the hub.

uh, yeah…got that the first five times that I read it. WHY DON’T YOU TRACK THE REFRIGERATED TRUCKS???

WE CAN TRACK THE PALLET BUT NOT AN ORDER.

It’s not perfect but it does work. Appreciate your patience.

I’ve received wine from a number of wineries that have used refrigerated trucks for part of the journey and there is never updated tracking until the reefer truck transfers the package to the FedEx (or UPS) hub that is going to make final delivery. Do not go by the estimated date you received originally, keep an eye on the tracking number, the info will update when the wine hits the FedEx hub (prob. in St. Louis). From there, it will be 24-48 hours before you get your wine and you will be able to track it. Also, the estimated delivery date will update.