Castle Vineyards Red Quartet Update - NEW VINTAGE

Hmm… a bit of a quandry. I got in the first time for two (don’t think just react) and now I feel like I might want more. I could spread the wealth and not buy this time and let the people that got locked out last time get some, or I could hoard the wine and get more for myself…

Wow - guess Im going to break my woot grape (errrr Cherry) this week after all. Thanks to the good folks at Castle for coming thru with more wine.

Woot, please be kind and dont ship to my subartic Michigan till it warms up just a bit more…

Of course the problem with buying wine online is WAITING for it to get here. Will have to go home tonight and open something good to assuage my desires for good red.

Now if we can only get Wine.Woot to put up some good Port, that would be a very welcome Woot for the cold nights in Michigan…

I was damn near devastaed when I missed the first offering…kudos to wood and castle for the second chance. In for 1

You sucked me in for one more set with the new vintage! I can’t wait to taste and compare! Thanks WOOT!!!

Toni or anyone from Castle - Costello has not gotten back to me regarding distribution in the NJ area - is there anywhere else I can go? My only other option is to Woot some and have it shipped to family in NC, but then I can’t drink it for quite a while…

I’m so glad to see Castle wines being enjoyed by so many new people! And I can’t wait to get back out to Sonoma for some more…

Thanks Castle and Toni for the extra wine find. I was going to order your pinot from the Geerlings and Wade catalogue then by chance I logged on this a.m. and “wallah”! Not sure I needed to add to my 150 bottle collection, but looking forward to this. Hey, MissWineGirl, how about you come over to my place and we can decant some together?

Can anybody find some info on this new wine? I just came up blank on google, froogle, and a couple wine tasting sites.

Thank you Wine.Woot for the added opportunity. I was shocked when I checked in yesterday and it was sold out! Time to go balance the checkbook and see if I can afford more than 1.

Yeah, I am in for one more… I now have space for about 6 bottles in the cooler, so with the 8 i bought on woot, plus this 4, plus the 20 in my office, I really need to drink more…

(I think I have a serious problema!)

voila?

Damn you Woot! There I was, feeling smug that I got in on yet another Monday sell out and enjoying the blogging…then, you have to go and add the next vintage of the Durell, which Toni said goes for $26 in the tasting room and is just WAY too interesting to pass up…my bank account is NOT a Woot fan…

Thanks for the second chance-feel bad that I didn’t get the first WOOT but the pinots make up for it…

I think this is the first time, someone out there is “black” from just the wine.woot.com

time to party…their place…

This.Woot Purchaser Experience:
People who bought this product have purchased x woots from this dot-woot.
29% first woot
18% second woot
39% < 10 woots
10% < 25 woots
1% > 25 woots !!!

Big thanks to Castle for sending some of their 2003’s, Will it sell-out on wednesday? lets wait and see!

I have 2 lots of the last offer coming so I gotta resist!

which gets me thinking, maybe Woot can find a winery that wants to sell a verticle set, say 4 or 5 vintages of 1 wine? that would be fun!

Thanks for playing along with the spelling banter that was going around 3 woots ago. I’m glad someone’s paying attention. :slight_smile:

To Vic the wine maker…
I want to reprise some questions that didn’t get answered last time.

Malolactic fermentation is popular with Chardonnay for the creamy butteriness it imparts, how do you feel Malo helps with Pinot and Syrah?

Your alcohol levels look mild compaired to most lately, what is your opinion on the high vs. low alc. debate?

It’s very hard to find word of Castle Vineyards, do you allow critics to rate them? or leave it to Wine Shows and cellar door sales because of small production?

I noticed that too :slight_smile: (and I gave in to the new vintage already)

Like so many others, I thought I had escaped this week when it sold out. Now of course, I am out over 100 bucks as I had to get in for 2. Hey, maybe these would make a good valentine’s day gift! Since I’m spending money out of my wife’s birthday/valentine day fund anyway…

I too clicked the big yellow button and was elated to see they were reoffering this woot… then I realized that I STILL lived in New Jersey and they STILL weren’t shipping here!!! [In spite of their apparent relationship with a Jersey distributor, who still hasn’t gotten back to me!]