CastleGiocondo Brunello de Montalcino 2005 - 2 Pack

CastelGiocondo Brunello di Montalcino 2005 - 2 Pack
$69.99 + $7.00 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 2 CastelGiocondo Brunello di Montalcino
CT link above

Winery website

International wines on Woot? Oh the glory - grazie!

Looks like my local wine and grocery stores just lost more of my business…

¡Apoyo la economía de Texas!

Hey woot, its Brunello di Montalcino. Not de.
You also spelled CastelGiocondo wrong.

From TT: It’s being fixed as I type this. Thanks for the heads-up. It’s appreciated!

no details on the bottle size but all of the sizes are listed - so are these the 3L bottles???

sounds interesting… too much for my budget right now…

Oh my god! International wines and 7 days per week?!?!?!?

Wow, a heck of a way to start off the whole 7d a week! Seriously interested in this one. :slight_smile:

I for one support this new venture!

First sucker: mill
Speed to first woot: 1m 55.707s
Last wooter to woot: tytiger58

never like to see cellartracker notes that says ‘overpriced’ because now it’s tough to figure out if it’s within range with the woot pricing…

Got it. Looks tasty. And maybe we can save the second bottle for the winesnobby European poatdoc who just joined my lab: California wines are SO beneath her!

A sangio aged 4 years in the barrel? Yes please. Looking forward to it.

Do you hear that? My wallet is actually weeping, audibly weeping. Not sure how I resist. I mean with my wallet crying, the only cure is to open it, pull out the credit card and make a purchase, you know, to make it feel better.

What’s that, it is weeping from overuse? Well in that case, in for one, hate to give in to my manipulative wallet right?

Curse you woot, told myself less woot, more international wines to develop the palate, bam, international wine.

Assuming these are 750ml bottles, i will have to pass. So “no New York” is not a problem … for me anyway.

Went in for 2.

Not too sure about this but if I don’t like it, guess what I will bring to dinner…

CastleGiocondo Brunello de Montalcino 2005 - 2 Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: mill
Speed to first woot: 1m 55.707s
Last wooter to woot: mikop168

Especially when the notes say “overpriced at $30” and the Woot! offer is $35.

I’m all for the occasional International offering though… in fact, I’ve been waiting patiently for some of those Chilean Cabs to make a comeback.

In the meantime, this one might be a nice long-term investment based on the following, from Cesare’s CT link;

Drinking window: Drink between 2013 and 2020 (based on 7 user opinions)

These are standard 750ml bottles. Unless otherwise stated all wines sold here are 750s.
A certain popular store and website in NJ sells this for $39.99 plus tax and/or shipping.
This wine typically sells for $50-$60 in regular wine stores. I see it fairly often. The riserva and single vineyard versions sell for more, around $60-$100.

Going to have to pass based on the $30 comment on CT and my current wine budget. Guess I’ll have to wait to pop my international WW cherry.

That said, nice job working to expand our horizons even further Woot staff!

Someway, somehow, this place is even more Wootopian than it was an hour ago…

If Woot continue’s to beat the prices in that popular wine store in NJ I think they will do well.

well, international deals actually have to travel a few thousand miles to the US Market. that’s notso cheap folks. This is a great deal and access play on a wine that has scored well over 90pts from Wine Enthusiast, Wine Advocate and Tanzer (for those who are score followers).

Montalcino was the first European wine region I stepped foot on year ago, melts my heart to see “one of the four first Brunello producers” on Wine.Woot!

To give a more accurate idea of how much we’re paying compared to retail it would be nice if international wines just had a higher shipping price rather than adding it to the base price of the wine, which kind of hides it.