CastleGiocondo Brunello de Montalcino 2005 - 2 Pack

No shipping to Texas? That’s unusual.

FROM TT: I have confirmed with the appropriate people and sorry, but no Texas shipping.

a tasting of the 2005 Brunello with Lamberto Frescobaldi http://youtu.be/2cG5UfmgmeU

love that fireplace…wow.

Due to Texas laws, I’m very doubtful that any international wine.woots will be able to ship to Texas.

Sounds like its imported by same Hops&Grapes that commonly keeps me from enjoying some selections on Lot18 and other sites.

Oh well…that made that decision easy.

But I hope that it is not H&G as a lot of people had problems with their shipping on lot18 and I believe that site is looking for another importer.

yea, tough states list on INTL.

i assure it is not.

Wine Spectator gave the 2005 Brunello vintage a 89. That’s very good, but not in the same class as the 2004 (97) and the 2006 (92-96) vintages.

and I thought moving from MS/AL would solve all my wine/beer problems… …

Thanks as always for finding quality juice at bargain prices… I guess I just need to make friends with some folks in other states.

According to the map - the most purchases were in Wyoming. I just moved out of that state and I think they had to update the population sign as I left.

People in WY buy INTL wine?? Weird.

“Medium-deep red. Captivating, perfumed aromas of redcurrant, bay leaf and orange zest. Then bright and juicy on the palate, with lovely density to the red cherry, redcurrant and licorice flavors. The long finish features youthfully chewy tannins and a lingering floral perfume. The bright acids serve to extend the flavors on the finish, and though this isn’t a hugely concentrated wine, I very much like its balance and fresh sangiovese character.” 90 Points- International Wine Cellar

“The 2005 Brunello di Montalcino is a pretty offering laced with fresh flowers, plums, dark berries and spices, all of which emerge gracefully from its mid-weight frame. Clean, minerally notes inform the long, delicate finish. This is a terrific effort from Castelgiocondo, especially considering production is a whopping 230,000 bottles. Anticipated maturity: 2010-2020.” 91 Points- Antonio Gallonio (Wine Advocate)

“Very pretty blueberry and light vanilla aromas, with hints of ripe dark fruits. Full-bodied, with round, velvety tannins that turn chewy, yet this is well-polished and the tannins are attractive, with a long finish. Best after 2012. 19,165 cases made.” 90 Points- Wine Spectator

That’s not how it works. The importer’s price is higher than the retail in Italy (in this case). What Ali was saying is that wine.woot, the acting “store,” had to pay more because the wine is from Italy. And they increase the price accordingly so WD’s kids can get through college. In other words, wine.woot isn’t hiding the shipping price in the cost; it’s built in well before it reaches our greedy hands.

Anyone notice the “founded in” date? 1100! Awesome!!!

Indeed those vintages are generally considered superb and more classic than 05 (and FWIW some rate 06 > 04). But bear in mind:

(a) you’re buying and drinking a bottle(s) of wine, not a vintage… and some producers make terrific wine in tough years let alone pretty good years

(b) Brunello is among the most ageable wines you can buy, and the character of these vintages is such that most 04 & 06 bottles want/need years more maturation in bottle than the 05 middle children

While it’s great to have a wine on hand that goes well with boar, I’m still waiting on someone to offer a wine that goes well with a bore, which is eminently more useful. I suppose that’s not a black tie sort of offer…

This was on lot18 recently for $40 per bottle. I picked one up with free shipping.

No shipping to Illinois?!? You shipped to Illinois in an order earlier this week!

Too bad on Texas shipping, but kudos on International offerings!

That Lot18 deal - knowing this wine well - made me realize I have to question every price I see on that site.

I really love this wine. Curse the Mass. State legislature for not acting sooner to remove antiquated shipping laws. But I have good news that it seems to be moving forward for next spring with support of both my reps! Hope we can do international wines again next year after it passes.

Can we just do “tastings” over at the Woot Headquarters in Carrollton then?

May be participate in the monkey games next year as well?