Cathedral Ridge on Facebook
Cathedral Ridge on Yelp

Previous Offers:
12/29/08
5/29/06

Mill again.
How does she do it?
And Fla lit up.

I am not gettting this Woot thing yet but will I am sure : )

Miller Time

They sell wine.
You buy wine.
You get wine.
You drink wine.
Life is good.

Repeat.

Hmmm…these don’t seem to be offered on the winery site. 2006 cab sells for $32; it was an award-winner, but that still gives a pretty decent benchmark for pricing on these. Looks like a good deal (but I have Ty on the way. YESS!).

I should not have drank as much as I have tonight. It’s 1:15 AM and here i am but quite frankly I was sold with the 2008 Pinot Noir. In for 1 or 3? :confused:

I very much enjoy their Pinot Gris from a previous wooting…I only have 2 left.

Too bad the hubs is out of work…I’d be all over this if we had the moolah. But I live in SW WA, so I guess I will just have to pay the winery a personal visit in the future to make it up to myself.

I suppose if someone in the neighborhood is up for a trade…I have some bottles I could part with.

I’m new to wine.wooting, although I’ve already pounced twice in a month, and in addition to the wine, that goat cheese is amazing.

Forgive me if this is an oft-repeated question, but I was just about to click yes on the previous BCellars offering, and --poof-- it was gone.

Is there a set time or rhythm to the offerings? I seem to just miss by a hair many items whose offers seem to disappear as I’m making up my mind by reading these discussions (for which I thank all of you. I’m learning a lot in fun company).

Thanks,
Steve

AcousticLevitation.org : an ad-free journal of arts, music & culture

Monday wine offerings run all week, provided they don’t sell out. You can find it here:

http://wine.woot.com/monday

Wednesday offerings disappear on Friday, forever, when woot puts up a food or wine accessory, until Monday when its gone forever.

Enjoy!

The Monday offering is still available here: http://wine.woot.com/monday

Steve, you can still purchase Monday’s offering here: http://wine.woot.com/monday

[QUOTE=ChangoSHK, post:10, topic:273497]
I’m new to wine.wooting, although I’ve already pounced twice in a month, and in addition to the wine, that goat cheese is amazing.

Forgive me if this is an oft-repeated question, but I was just about to click yes on the previous BCellars offering, and --poof-- it was gone.

Is there a set time or rhythm to the offerings? I seem to just miss by a hair many items whose offers seem to disappear as I’m making up my mind by reading these discussions (for which I thank all of you. I’m learning a lot in fun company).

Thanks,
Steve

the monday deal is available all week (or until is sells out - you can still get the b cellars here.

You know, somebody told me the Monday offering is available all week. Just a rumor though. Heh, thanks all, we appreciate you keeping new folks on top of things. =)

oh, that’s too funny… but everyone was so nice!!

Looking through the website red prices, it seems these are new wines, not out yet. Nothing on 07 Cabs or 08 Pinot. However, prices on the 06 Cab is $32, on the 07 Pinot Noir is $26 and on the 06 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve $44, making it $102 if we were to buy these older (and nearer drinking) vintages from the vineyard now. That’s a pretty good 50% (+shipping) discount!

And I’m easily impressed so the Reserve has a Gold Medal from the 2009 U.S. Professional Wine Buyers Competition. That worth anything?

Little out there on how good it is, but on the one Snooth I see, Reserve looks like a Cali-style cab, and still high on tannins at 2 years old (the 06 drunk in dec08, about the same age as the 07 Reserve is now). Big so good with steak apparently. I suspect it also would do well with being laid down for a while to soften / open up.

The others I guess will be more easily accessible, perhaps for more immediate drinking. They do a LOT of different wines, and blends, so I wonder what their speciality is.

So . . . . back to the offer at hand. Nothing to really catch my attention yet. Typical boutique winery doing a few whites, some rose and a half dozen red varietals. No reviews on current vintages, but CT and WE notes on back vintages are middling. The usual meaningless grab bag of wine competition medals are noted.

The steak is here at $17 per bottle. Need some sizzle!

You see the wine, you buy the wine, you don’t think about the wine or wine goes bye bye…get it?

just you wait for the Trolls to wake up…

[cue dark music. duh duh duuuuh!]