Cathedral Ridge Trio

woot is probablly doing some work to get the price discounted so they can sell it at a lower price then the winery.

The Cabernet is $14 more expensive than the Reisling, from the winery. So the woot price represents a $14 savings. That’s the “hook” and it seems pretty sustainable to me. Plus, I’m sure the winery’s shipping cost will be much more than $5.

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Cathedral Ridge Trio
$39.99+ $5 shipping
condition: Aged
product(s): 1 Cathedral Ridge 2004 Chardonnay, 1 Cathedral Ridge 2004 Pinot Gris, 1 Cathedral Ridge 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon

I was just kidding.

But I guess that I can’t be a “REAL” wine person because I like red wine. I am hurt and lost. Where does one go to get “real” wine person status.

I think the statement should be if you like it drink it no matter what the season.

what other woots don’t I know about? I feel unhip!

Ok…you got it right this time. Cathedral Ridge was a secret find from the northwest with limited production. Woot is probably going to take it over the top…and thus, supply problems for us loyalists! Anyway…good price on great wine…we’ll enjoy the low price offer. But it is great at regular price too!

Yeah… white ain’t my thing either… that’s a week gone.

I think a week woot life might be a little too long. How about a 3-day woot life instead? That’s enough time for a person to decide, and alternating fast enough to keep people interested.

If FedEx still does their thing, then it ships from Texas to California’s distribution center, then back to its respective states… people in California will still get it quicker than those in Texas (like myself).

I am on the fence on this deal… I know I want to try the cab. But I havent been able to find any reviews on the whites? Any help?

I’m disgusted with this site. No more $ from me.

Hmm…the stats page has just 5 specific values, at almost consistent multiples.
If I were to guess, I’d say that only 31 people have purchased this woot so far.

Judging by the winerys website this appears to be a great deal. I’ve found that googling(sp) the wines might give a more accurate price description. It’s too bad that the winery is unable to offer several options. They must be trying to simplify the process and have it pre-packaged to cut down on costs. Personally, I’m going to wait until I receive last weeks purchase before making this purchase.

I found out that the Cathedral Ridge 2004 Chardonnay won the Bronze medal at the McMinneville Wine and Food Classic in February. Also, it appears that the 2004 Pinot Gris had a favorable review in the Oregon Wine Press newspaper.

I tried several Cathedral Ridge wines after checking out the winery in Hood River. Very good wines and equally good value. Try 'em now before they’re discovered by more than the northwest wine-tasting folks.

Cathedral Ridge is a nice winery, small with some quality flavors. Looking forward to getting this one.

You’ll save yourself about $5 by buying this trio. If you’re going to buy 3 decent priced wines, then might as well save 5 bucks and get them here. Not a killer deal, but not so bad either.

Five bucks, huh? How about $16? On the Cathedral Ridge site the wines are valued at over $60 all together - no discount for a 3-pack at CR - which gives you a discount of over $16 if you include shipping in the Woot price. I happen to think this is a great deal, especially with the awards these wines have received this year. Guess that means I’m buying one.

I went to the Cathedral Ridge web site and placed an order for the same three bottles ($60 before shipping) and when shipping was factored in at almost $17 then the woot.wine deal made sense at a projected savings of $32 (also the winery does not ship to NJ, but wine.woot does, very interesting - so I’ll see it a month from now :wink: Peace

Actually summertime is for Rose’ and real wine people know that :>
To get “real wine person” status you must learn to roll your eyes when someone says they like KJ chardonnay. Pronounce french wine labels with as much arrogance as the french do. Last but not least you must mock anyone who uses the wine speculator for reviews.

I’m in for this one, that way I can say I bought 100% of the wine.woot woots!