Cavedoni Botte Piccola Balsamic Vinegar

Cavedoni Botte Piccola Balsamic Vinegar

No age statement, bubbles in picture lead me to believe this is the runny kind that is barely allowed to be called what they are calling it. This is more akin to the caramel-colored balsamic you can buy at all those oil and vinegar places popping up at every vacation spot. The reviews on other sites confirm this to be runny and not at all what people expect when purchasing REAL IGP Balsamico with an actual age displayed. And not hiding anything is what a product you want should do.

i got this a little while back and am pretty happy with it. its definitely a step up from the cheap stuff and is way thicker and flavorful. but as suprchunk said - it might not be as thick as the real IGP balsamico (which ive never had)

edit: i see this statement in the specs ‘Authentic “Aceto Balsamico di Modena” I.G.P. aged over seven years

I have bought this balsamic from woot before and it had the consistency of chocolate syrup, which was perfect for salads, ice cream, and other foods where you want to put it directly on the food (not mix it in).

I am back, buying more because it was so good.

From Balsamic Vinegar Or Balsamico Tradizionale, What Is The Difference?

One way to know what you are getting is to check the ingredients, if the ingredients say “Balsamic Vinegar of Modena” instead of listing the ingredients there is no way to know what, if any, additives were used.

Look at the last picture in the listing. This is the first line after the header. Abet, in Italian, but it confirms this very warning. This stuff is not Balsamic Vinegar.

8 years according to their website. Also MSRP $50 not $60.

Have bought this many times. It is thick and utterly delicious; that’s as authentic as I need it to be.

Did you factor in the shipping?

As one that has purchased many bottles of this, I can only say your assumption is sooooo wrong.

I’ve had this and real balsamic. This is barely close. Good? Better than the other artificially colored ones (like this one) in the chains. But this stuff is not worth what they were charging. And nowhere near the ridiculous MSRP this thing claims to carry. This would be laughable had nobody fallen for it. But if you want to pretend, and feel that paying more for brown colored white vinegar makes it seem as such, then go for it. But you ain’t getting real, authentic, balsamico at this price. Nor from this company.

You would be mostly wrong, then! I will admit, it is thickened with grape musk. But it is very, very wonderfully thick and although it’s not the top of the balsamic pyramid it’s better than anything you can get outside of a true specialty store.

I’ve been keeping a few bottles on hand for, like, a decade now :joy:

I’m not even a little wrong, but you, like me, are entitled to their own opinion. And grape MUSK. I concede, you obviously know more than I do on the subject of fermentation and aging in barrels.