Cavedoni Ducale Italian Balsamic (1)

Cavedoni Ducale Italian Balsamic (1)

I bought that Cavedoni Botte Piccola Italian Balsamic 250ml last time it was here. Is this stuff that much more premium?

I bought this several years ago. It was a side deal while the regular balsamic was up on woot. It is fantastic. I was careful how I used it, but a little of this adds tons of flavor. Will definitely consider this.

1 Like

Must be some good chit.

I haven’t tried this specific maker, but it depends on what you want out of your balsamic. I prefer the 12 or at most 15 year DOP to the insanely expensive/more “premium” 25+ version of the one I usually buy, because my plebian palate :stuck_out_tongue: fails to appreciate its being thicker and more mellowed. I pour it over chopped up tomatoes with a little salt snuck in if no one is around to judge me heh. My foodie friends, however, would call that sacrilege - for them, having less “bite” is highly desirable.

Is the extra cost for DOP versus IGP worth it? IMHO, not even close to necessarily. Especially depending on the purpose. From my experience, the designations mostly help assure you aren’t buying a complete fake, but there are apparently two or three makers whose balsamic is considered super premium, even though their raw materials are entirely from N. America.

(see why I throw in that pinch of salt? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

This deal is already over, but just in case it ever comes back: The answer to what to do with this is “drizzle it over strawberry ice cream”.

Just…trust me on this.