Ceiling Fans: Set The Mood

I see that the cocoweb fan has an “AC” label for alternating current. This may be a dumb question, but does that mean it will work in the US? I vaguely remember something about Edison and his AC system beating out Tesla and his DC system, but that may be from the movie The Prestige, and I may have got it backwards. Can anyone help me out on this?

I think I figured it out. We predominately use AC in the US, but they sell DC fans which contain a converter to convert the AC to DC power. It allegedly saves energy.

Hunter 28823 Equinox 48-inch Graphite Ceiling Fan with Light Kit is on sale for $59.99 right now at Costco. It is regularly $69.99. Free shipping, too.

http://www.costco.com/Hunter-Fan-Equinox-48”-Graphite-Ceiling-Fan.product.100010242.html

On the 52" Cocoa Ceiling Fan with Lights it says

Air Flow Efficiency 68

Is that a typo or is that fan possibly the least efficient model on the market?

NO fan w/o remote [bold].[/bold]

Edit: I was incorrectly blaming Woot for a Hunter Fan issue.

Jeez, sorry to hear about the mix-up. If you haven’t, please email support@woot.com with your order details and issue. CS can check into your account and available options.

Thanks. It turns out, not Woot’s fault. Says “New Bronze” right on the box. It’s actually Hunter being inconsistent and confusing.