Cell Boost iRecharge for iPod Shuffle

from the description:

“USB rechargeable lithium-ion battery”

So, that would indicate you can use it more than once.

Thank you, a shed of intelligence.

THIS WILL CHARGE almost ALL USB DEVICES!
Including the new iPod shuffles as they are a GASP USB Device
You just need the cable for whatever you wish to charge:
your sansa
archos
camera
phone
cowon
what ever it is, if it is USB and can hold a charge 90% of the time it this can charge it.

That’s what I’ve been looking for too. Looks like it can recharge anything that charges through USB, maybe with a bit of cable hackery, but the real specs are elusive. Still - $6.50 for three - it’s tempting just to take the chance.

definitely in for three. That price is great for one LIon battery alone and I’m assuming all the project builders out there will be buying them for all sorts of different things. Keep this crap out of the landfill and make something with these, people!

yeah @ .49 each… come on

http://www.ipodbatteryfaq.com/ipodbatteryandpower.html tells me the ipod shuffle has a 220mAh battery and the battery life is 12 hours. The Cell Boost battery lasts 40 hours. How does 734 mAh sound?

im in for three the cable alone looks worth it and if it breaks i can use it as one of those curly shoe laces

if i can get this to work with my ipod video or zune it would be handy for camping up in the mountains and not killing the batteries on the first night :slight_smile:

but what to do with those cases?

Plausible. Okay - I’m in for three.

If my guess for mAh life is correct at 733 mAh and the zune 30 battery has 700 mAh and the Zune 80 is maybe 700 or 800 mAh. So it’s possible you could get close to a full charge for a Zune from this thing.

Woot, in for three since these are rechargeable, not just landfill fodder.

Wow. Longtime Woot lurker, but this is the first one to actually make me spring. I have a Zen Stone Plus and love it to death but sadly its battery life isn’t the greatest, so for trips I always have the worry it’s quit. Any USB device? Rechargable? In for three.

Not entirely true… it depends on the device & what power level it needs to charge… I have a charger that charges thru USB (made for Shuffle like this one… I can get it to charge iPods & my Samsung SGH-D900 “slowly”… because it provides relatively low power output (actually probably lower than most USB ports supplies… that’s how Apple made sure that Shuffle would charge on ANY USB port).

Good luck getting it to charge a Zune (it’s the most picky on charging sources among all my devices)… it seems to need more power to charge than most MP3 player via sources other than USB ports on a PC… and again… it’ll charge “slowly” with this if it does take the charge.

I now use a couple of small devices that takes either 2 or 4 AA batteries w/ regular USB output as an emergency charger.(1 can charge the AA batteries thru USB as well, and the other doubles as a little LED flash light… Very handy)… These charge much faster and AA batteries are available anywhere… though I generally use the rechargeable ones… Good Luck…

wow that makes me happy

i’ve also noticed the zune can charge off usb sources the ipod cant. i consider this strange but i have always assumed the zune was just more accepting to things such as my usb hub were the power is being split 4 ways. any ideas on this?

if all else fails i will take it apart and throw in some bigger rechargeable batteries for the price i cant go wrong. i’ll be rather happy with those usb extension cables alone

Hmm, not to shabby, in fo’ three. One for my iPod touch, one for my PSP Slim, and one for my DS lite!

my first post… I bought three so i can mess around and such. I can use this with my old iPod when I’m studying or with my phone. I can probably put one in an emergency backup kit… crap now i have to figure out what to do with those useless sleeves.

I might be cool to rig this up as a flashlight perhaps. I dunno I kinda think its a waste of $6.50. I could have used this to buy a new and better battery for my old ipod but oh well.

How about trying making one of these?!

http://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/

These ARE COOL!!

Absolutely! I don’t even have an iPod and don’t plan to get one. I am always looking for materials to add to my project building supplies, so I bought three of these. If nothing else, I get three lithium-ion batteries with charging circuits, and three short USB extension cables.

I bought 3. They will make good stocking stuffers or gifts for your kids friends.

any speculations on how old the lithium-ion battery in these suckers?
5 years old or so? do you think its still holds charge?