CenterPoint Mountable Video Action Cam

@davidshorin, if your purpose is to document an accident, don’t you need at least a second rear-facing camera?

Hmmm, are you riding in NYC? Otherwise I wonder how you can enjoy the ride with such a deep concern for documenting an accident.

No worries, rumor has it the Consumer Protection Agency is working on blackbox regulations for bicycles…

Remember how your cell phone camera looked back in 2005, well this thing is almost up to that quality.

I picked one up last time on woot and I gotta say that $20 is way too much for this thing.

As stated above, if you mounted it to a tripod and used it in bright daylight, and filmed something that was slow moving, you may get acceptable results. But if this thing is going to move at all, (like on a paintball gun or a vehicle) you’re only going to get blurry images. Don’t even think about using it indoors.

Pros: kind of looks cool.

Cons: low frame rate
no image stabilization
no low light ability
poor image quality

I wonder if one could get like 10 of them, and set them up to record at the same time from different angles, and put together matrix style stop motion effects.

Oh wait, the limit is only 3.

Er, Woot - you know there’s no such thing as JMPEG? It’s MJPEG (Motion JPEG).

Coming to a BOC near you soon.

Actually, I ride in Lakewood Ranch, Florida, and regarding the accident aspect, I’ve found that (while biking), most of the threats are ahead of you. Cars in Crosswalks, people riding in the opposing direction, etc., but I appreciate your logic. Also, since it records Audio, I do some narration (and have a rear-view mirror) that would be helpful in any bad situation. Cheers! - A.W.W.III