Centon 32GB Class 10 SDHC Card

Would the memorex 720p hd mini camcorder I bought from Woot be compatible with this type of card?

I sure hope this card loads quicker than Centon’s website.

I’ve got four different items that take SD cards, but this sale is limited to two cards. So buy me two more; I’ll cover your costs and buy you a beer the next time I see you.

I live in Texas so we pay tax.

Coupon Code: TAXSUCKS

Takes $5.00 off your total…at least it does in Texas.

8^)

I’ve had good luck with Centon cards and mp3 players, so I’m in for one, for a new default card for my netbook. Class 6 is a touch slow for primary storage.

Can anyone comment on Nook compatibility?

I thought all flash memory storage was the same until I purchased a Centon. It just failed after a couple months of careful use. The customer service is based in California, I didn’t even call just sent them a letter and the defective card and they sent me a new one. Sub par quality devices at cheap prices, better than expected customer service…

that’s more bytes than you’ll get from mosquitos while walking in the amazon jungle.

Yup, works in any state Woot has to charge tax, including ones where amazon has a presence. I want to say Washington and New York are two off the top of my head. Can anyone remember?

In for 2 (limited to 2 it appears), time to load up the digital cameras for vacation.

I think I’m taking a bigger risk with SmartPost than with the product…

I was agonizing over whether to buy two or three. I clicked on the “Want” button and found out I was limited to two. In a sense, Woot put me out of my misery.

Since many less reputable brands, especially those sold on eBay, exaggerate their speed, it’s a good idea to actually test the memory before making any repeat purchases. This is especially true of cutting edge speeds like Class 10. Here are some apps to test the speed of your flash memory.

Man, I read it real fast on twitter and thought it was a MicroSDHC card. I was all over it until I clicked the link. Haha.

Aw well.

Cool. Anyone have other coupon codes other than TAXSUCKS for those who must pay tax?

-J

My Eye-Fi just crapped out on me today while taking photos.

I’m in for one! Thanks for reading my mind W00T!

I know someone already answered this, but not in French. :wink:

FYI this particular coupon code only works if the item total is over $45…so it won’t work if you’re buying just one.

True - sorry, I bought 2 so it worked for me. I thought the total was $50 or more but $45 is even better.

Cheers!

I would be worried about using this in any higher-end devices… exactly the devices you’d want class 10 for.

I have no experience with Centon products, but the reviews for Centon 32GB class 6 cards on amazon complain about cards being detected as class 4 in especially Canon and Panasonic devices, i wouldn’t be surprised if a similar problem existed in these.

I do have a 32GB class 10 card from another slightly better known manufacturer, their class 10 cards had compatibility problems with a few devices, which apparently was fixed with a firmware based fix. So it seems like class 10 might be difficult for card makers to get to work perfectly.

So for me, $20 extra or so of better known brands is worth it in my higher-end camera. If I wanted one for my netbook or something not as critical to me, I would get a couple.

At a dollar per GB, you could even use this as an inexpensive way to temporarily store, transfer, or backup data on your PC. Just get an SDHC compatible USB memory card reader and you’re all set.