Centon SATA III SSD - Your Choice Capacity

Centon SATA III SSD - Your Choice Capacity

Check the reviews on the 480gb drive. They are the worst I have ever seen. Woot is going down the tubes. Why do they offer junk? And it’s not even cheap!

3 Likes

I also noticed the bad reviews for that one. And I also noticed only a few reviews for others models that were suspiciously very short and uninformative. Seems to me Centon is not a very popular brand but they are trying to get top prices for the SSDs.

2 Likes

Looks like those drives use the Phison S10 controller which was released way back in mid 2014. SSD’s with awful reviews using a 6 year old controller? Hard pass especially since they’re not really any cheaper than much better drives out on the market.

3 Likes

58% 1 star reviews… That’s a big yikes.

3 Likes

Woot! is just Amazon’s junk dumping ground at this point. Buy a Samsung, Crucial or Western Digital. Avoid this garbage.

3 Likes

Woot’s been the dumping ground for Centon drives for years now. Would only use those drives in devices I wanted to intentionally fail.

2 Likes

This is now a place for Amazon to off load there stuff that isn’t selling well awhile occasionally giving off a mere whiff of fragrance of the Woot of Christmases past.

Well, we Wooters do love our crap!

1 Like

Woot! Hasn’t been the same since acquired by Amazon. I wouldn’t put one of these drives in a system I repair or sell. The prices for this drive are pretty high.

1 Like

Refurbished, that is.

What a brilliantly unethical idea… Buy these crap drives, put them in clients computers, have them come to you to pay to fix it. Profit?

1 Like

The Packard Bell model of the 1990s! They were sued for using used and refurbished parts in computers they sold as new.

As for the high percentage of negative reviews on these, it’s better than some of the OCZ SSDs from the earlier 2010s, which earned the brand a reputation of manufacturing solid state s#!+ drives.

Ha! My first car was a ‘54 Packard. Straight 8 engine and all. I suppose parts a’plenty.

Buyer beware. I ordered the 1TB drive and received a package that said it was 1 TB, but the drive was labeled as 120 GB.

I’m sorry about that. Please contact Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

I did not do my research on this company. As others have said, stick with known brands. I did buy this SSD based on the cheaper price and did not execute due dilligence in researching prior to purchase. Used this to upgrade a laptop from HDD to SSD. This SSD only lasted about two weeks. Now, I must go through the long process of acquiring a refund. STAY AWAY! RUN! TERRIBLE! Why Woot? Why?