$67.99 $̶1̶1̶3̶.̶0̶0̶ 40% off List Price
2010 Pinot Grigio
2008 Mosaico
CT links above

Winery website

Courtesy of CJ:

So join or create a WW Gathering!

http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/10.gif

Channing Daughters makes some amazing wines! Many of the whites see skin time giving them extra weight and added complexity. My favorite so far has been Envelope.

Too bad they can’t ship to me. :frowning:
EDIT: I found a buddy in DC to take shipment. And wow, I was First Sucker!! I had my day of fame!

I have not tried these two specific wines, but I really like some of the other wines from Channing Daughters - especially their “orange” wines: the Envelope and Meditazione are both wonderful, distinctive wines.

I ordered some stuff direct from the winery a few months ago for a “no California wines” dinner, and in addition to lovely wines I also received excellent, personalized customer service.

A general, overall tip of the hat and strong positive recommendation for this New York winery.

and yet, you are first sucker… hmmmm… :slight_smile:

Wow, Long Island wine - really good Long Island wine! While there are around 50 wineries out here, there are only 600 acres of vineyards. Supply/demand means that the great stuff rarely gets beyond NYC. This is a fantastic opportunity to buy wines from one of the East End’s more interesting wineries.

Ughh…whites. Think I’ll try out some of that Denier-Handal Alexander Valley Petite Sirah on woot plus.

Thanks Woot! My wife is a fan of whites and this also provides an opportunity to support a local winery. A win, win! In for 1. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry we can’t ship to you to!!!
The Mosaico in this offering has a bit of skin contact on the muscat and gewurz!!!
which adds a huge boost of aroma, flavor and texture…
Cheers, Christopher Tracy (winemaker @ CDW)

Thanks for the kind words!!
we work hard to make great wine…and make people happy!
Try these two
You wont be disappointed
Cheers, Christopher (winemaker @ CDW)

Ughh
try these whites
they are not your usual suspects
especially the field blend Mosaico which sees some skin contact and now has some bottle age
likely to surprise you!!!
come on…
Cheers, Christopher (winemaker @CDW)

The is for jumping in Christopher! Can you tell us where you think your region is these days in relation to other US and intl regions?

while i’m actually quite interested in these (the mosaico blend way more then the pinot grigio/chard blend) i don’t know if i’m sold enough to just take a chance… the deal just isn’t there for me at 40% discounted from full price+tax+shipping… it probably would be if everyone came on here raving about these specific bottles but with the lack of information from the community and info on CT, i have to admit i’m a bit hesitant. they may be great, but i personally feel there’s not enough incentive (please take no offense).

for me, again personally, to pull the trigger on only a 40% deal at the new discount structure, it would have to be a solid thread of people recommending it left and right. i’ll start taking chances at 55% on unknowns with good specs… maybe something could be nudged or maybe throw in some Envelope that everyone is talking about… :wink:

just my 2 cents… thanks for being involved on the boards…

The days of 50% discounts are quickly fleeting as the economy improves. Buy or don’t buy; I couldn’t care less. However, don’t hold your breath.

You think is becuase of the economy? I started seeing the change when Amazon took over, maybe they had to raise their profit margin.
Either way your right about the % of discount,

possibly, but just a quick look at my last 3 purchases in the past couple weeks (yes, 2 are from the woot-off so there is that):

Scott Harvey Old Vine Reserve Zinfandel 5-Pack
$79.99 $̶1̶9̶0̶.̶6̶0̶ 58% off List Price

Peter Wellington 2007 Victory Reserve 2-Pack
$74.99 $̶1̶4̶5̶.̶2̶5̶ 48% off List Price

The Crusher Big Orange White Wine Blend 4-Pack
$64.99 (Normally $99.41) 35% off List Price

All three come highly recommended (and I’ve bought plenty of peter wellington and scott harvery before so there’s history there)… The only one I took a real chance on was the Crusher but that’s because everyone came on here screaming about it… by this time that day, the thread was going on a solid 3 pages.

i’m just saying (and please, i really don’t mean any offense by this) there needs to be more incentive for newer bottles/wineries without either a. much community or b. much web/CT activity.

I totally get Buy or Don’t Buy, but I’m still in the boat of Don’t Buy and could be easily persuaded if the deal was different or the Envelope was part of the offer. I have a feeling by the amount of discussion today that I’m not the only one.

BTW whoever suggested the Ty Caton Sonoma Valley Ballfield Syrah, thank you.
had a bottle watching the Academy Awards last night with the wife, very nice, but did noticed something wierd, short term memory loss, don’t remember much after I finished off the bottle :slight_smile:

I agree about new wineries; they’re at a disadvantage. I’m curious about your buying criteria, though. Would you buy this wine if it were offered for the same price to us but the winery charged more for it, increasing the discount (% off) but not changing what you would actually pay?

IF YOU REALLY NEED SOMEONE ELSE TO RECOMMEND IT
HERE IS A REVIEW FROM ONE OF THE GREATS!!!
by David Schildknecht in Robert Parker’s The Wine Advocate so you can see what someone else is saying about the wine and us!

“Based on another Channing Daughter field blend (this one planted with alternating small “panels” of each grape) the 2008 Mosaico employs Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscat Ottonel, Tocai, and Gewurztraminer, all crushed together save for the Muscat, which was separated to give it some skin contact. Bacon fat, caraway, raw almond, lemon zest, and cardamom are among the elements in a complex nose that adumbrates the flavors on a smoky, oily-textured, corpulent, yet by no means heavy palate. There is a juicy, melon-like matrix of fruit here as well, and a piquant, smoky finish. This should intrigue and inspire at the table for at least the next 4-5 years.

Under the direction of co-owner and Long Island viticultural veteran Larry Perrine and husband-wife team Christopher Tracy and Allison Dubin, Channing Daughters continues to render not just Long Island’s but the United States’ most intriguingly delicious and outstanding value white wines, utilizing fruit from Mudd Vineyards on the North Fork – with whom they’ve worked closely since the winery’s inception – as well as from Walter and Molly Channing’s South Fork “Home Farm.” Tracy keeps pushing the envelope stylistically (one Channing cuvee is even dubbed “Envelope”) while taking continued inspiration from the wines of Northern Italy, particularly Friuli.”