Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 2 Burner Gas Grill

Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 2 Burner Gas Grill

I bought this and put it together this past weekend.

Please realize that this has two burners, meaning it’s got a small footprint. You’re not going to fit a lot of food on that grill at one time. I’m OK with that.

Putting it together is another story. The instructions are not exactly confusing, but you really have to spend a lot of time studying the drawings to figure things out. They don’t label the pieces the way most manufacturers do. Expecially confusing is are the side trays. There are screw holes you don’t use. So why are they there? And the electrical components that needs batteries has zero instructions. Getting the lid off the battery compartment is quite a feat.

I was able to get it together by myself, but two people working on it would be a bonus.

One bad design thing – it comes with a gas gauge so in theory you know how much juice you have left in the tank. That’s great, except the way they positioned it, once the tank is in, you can’t see the gauge at all! It’s pretty useless at this point.

I haven’t cooked on it yet, but I turned it on. Seems like it takes a long time to heat up. After 15 minutes the thermometer gauage wasnt even reading 150 yet. And that’s the lowest marking. We’ll see…