Char-Broil TRU-Infrared 3-Burner Gas Grill

Char-Broil TRU-Infrared 3-Burner Gas Grill

Although not stainless, you can get an additional burner at Lowe’s for the same price: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil-Performance-Black-4-Burner-Liquid-Propane-Gas-Grill-with-1-Side-Burner/5001374857?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-sol-_-google-_-lia-_-119-_-grills-_-5001374857-_-0&placeholder=null&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=CjwKCAjwlrqHBhByEiwAnLmYUB2UU4k09wp35XAPgVh7qjdg3BBuLBSYEUQOp_xB9w9iic-u1RYLUBoCoUkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds[Lowes](https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil-Performance-Black-4-Burner-Liquid-Propane-Gas-Grill-with-1-Side-Burner/5001374857?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-sol-_-google-_-lia-_-119-_-grills-_-5001374857-_-0&placeholder=null&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=CjwKCAjwlrqHBhByEiwAnLmYUB2UU4k09wp35XAPgVh7qjdg3BBuLBSYEUQOp_xB9w9iic-u1RYLUBoCoUkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds)

1 Like

Lowe’s model also has cast iron grates rather than the “TRU-Infrared” ones offered here, if that’s important to you. Reviews are very polarized, with many suggesting it’s a gimmick.

2 Likes

I owned the 4 burner version of this that I got on clearance from Walmart a couple years ago for like $112 (75% off). The Tru-Infrared thing isn’t a gimmick, it worked amazingly well to prevent flairups since there was a barrier between the flames and the dripping grease. A little harder to clean since stuff didn’t drop down but it was worth it. It also cooked very evenly and was predictable. Like I knew for burgers I could pre heat it on high for 6 - 7 minutes, turn it to medium, pop 1/3 - 1/2 lb burgers on for 3.5 minutes per side, and they would come out perfectly medium - medium well and juicy every single time. My only complaint was I wanted a purely stainless one so I ended up getting a Weber this year and I sold the Char-Broil for $50.

Well worth it if you are in the market for a grill. I like my Weber and cleanup is easier but the Char-Broil cooked faster with no flare ups.

1 Like

I loved my infrared grill and I miss having one. It made grilling easy except for cleanup. The replacement components were too expensive however.