Charging Dock w/ Four Backup Batteries

Does this charge those 4 bats or just provides a place to keep em?

The dock charges the batteries as well as stores them

Yes it charges the batteries as well as storing them! Great great product!!

Can the bats be charged via a cable or do they need the base to be charged?

Can they be charged in my vehicle too. On the road is where i need them most often.

3,000 ohm? Will it charge a smart phone and how long would that take?

How is the dock itself powered?

I DO NOT own this product, but from looking at the pictures, it looks as though this may have a proprietary charging port AND charge through MICRO USB. The proprietary charging port can be seen in the 3rd picture while the micro USB is on the same side as the USB-A side that you plug your device into.

Better pics on amazon clearly show a 3 pin proprietary charge port on the bottom of the batteries so no other chargers will work. Its more, $28. I think its a good deal for less power hungry devices, 3000MAH is not that much these days, but 4 should keep you juiced up.

You say “no other chargers will work?” Do you mean you think once these are removed from the cart here, you could not charge them any other way?

As StephenCarboni said, there are BOTH that proprietary charging connection on the bottom AND a micro USB on the top, which would SEEM to be for charging. Nothing here or on the amazon product showing that better image indicates this for sure (https://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Docking-Portable-Chargers-Charging/dp/B07B93XQYM). IS that the same page you were looking at? Do you think that would not be for charging each battery, outside the dock/container?

I’ve dug around to find any other sites/comments, so far with no clarification.

As for Tatahead asking if these would charge a phone, it would seem so. These show being 3000mah which is about the same for the latest iphone and samsung phones. As for how long that would take, that depends on the device, the cord used, and this device. Someone with actual experience with it would need to say (and clarify the device and cable used).

Finally, steadyjohn asks how the dock itself is powered. Again, nothing here or on that Amazon page (or anywhere else I’ve looked) clarifies if it uses/includes an AC adapter, but I see that one of the pictures (at the Amazon page) clearly shows a USB with a label of “out”, but while there’s something next to it labelled “in”, I cant tell with the resolution of the picture whether that’s another USB or an AC connection. It would sure seem that since it’s labeling one as “out”, the other labeled “in” would have to be another USB (or why bother labeling them?), which would suggest that the dock itself is powered by USB, at least. It would sure be nice to know for sure if it does charge via AC and/or USB.

Hopefully someone who owns it can chime in on the above. I’m in for 1. To get 4 batteries of this size, it’s worth the price, especially when you add having them all “ready to go” if ever in need when leaving home (for my phone, or camera, or other devices).

Yeah, thanks for all the research. I’m still wondering if 3000mamp applies to each bat or to the combined capacity.

3000 each

What is the power output when you connect a usb cable to charge a device on this? 1.0 Amp or 2.1 Amp?

The micro-USB on the top is definitely for charging the battery. Power goes out of the battery through the standard USB A port to charge phones etc. The micro-USB port has no other purpose than to charge the battery.

Looking at the pictures that’s a huge battery for only 3000 mAh of power. The phone in the picture looks like an iPhone 6/7 plus and the battery is roughly the same size. I’ve had multiple charges that size and all are at least 5000 mAh and a few that were 10000 mAh. Unless you have some commercial use where the convenience of having four backup batteries in a central location is warranted I would look elsewhere.

Hi,

Dock is powered through MicroUSB.

I have the same question. If 1.0 it would take hours to charge a galaxy 9 or iphone.

Check and see how many Mah your cellphone battery stores… mine is more than 3000mah…

I can say I have purchased batteries that were #18650 ALSO 3000MA, I PURCHASED A PACK OF 8 AND ONLY HALF WORKED. BRANDS ARE OFTEN HIDDEB AS WAS THE CASE WITH THIS PURCHASE. This size battery is commonly found used for modifiable electronic cigarettes… imI would not buy batteries that are refurbished in any way… used or not… I dont see all the details, but that’s been my experience.

On THE OTHER HAND, IVE gotten great deals on name brand packs of Energizer NON-RECHARGEABLE NiCa batteries…

I HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE THE ONE TIME I bought the rechargeable Energizer wall charger and mount for 4 RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES AND IT CAME WITH 4 AAA RECHARGEABLE ENERGIZER BATTERIES WITH GREEN WRITING. THE BATTERIES TOOK ALL DAY TO CHARGE AND HAD ABOUT 15% OF THE LIFE OF A NEW SET OF ENERGIZER “AAA” BATTERIES.
THAT WAS 5 YEARS AGO THO…

THESE ÀRE MY PAST EXPERIENCES.

That’s an outrageous use of the caps lock or being prone to wild mood swings.