Charity thread: Helping people in need

I am doing a walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society next month (sept. 17th) I would be sooooooo greatful (sp?) of any wooters who could help out by donating even $1. I lost my dad to Leukemia on 8-5-03, I was 20, he was 47. He was diagnosed and admitted to the hospital immediately and died 1 week later. There are some facts on my doantion web page about the survival rates and other blood cancer things. Think about it people blood cancer is one of the worst kinds you get, there is no tumor to remove, it’s your blood. All of the money goes to funding research and helping families that are struggling while battling blood cancers. I will absolutley not benefit from this in any way whatsoever, my family lost it’s battle. I just want to try to help some others in the future so they don’t have to go through what my family has experienced. Hell even if you don’t donate but sign up to walk in your community’s walk I’ll be happy! The link to donate is: [link]ActiveGiving Shut Down

Thanks to any one who thinks about it!!!

Check out the Woot! sponsor link today!

I love that site… I’ve clicked for “animals” and “breast cancer”, a lot!
(Ironic timing that the sponsor is a charity and woody got bounced for promoting his. )

[quote user=“gimmaroon”]

(Ironic timing that the sponsor is a charity and woody got bounced for promoting his. )[/quote]

I’m going to choose to think it’s an olive branch of love!

[quote user=“cerealkiller_001”]I am doing a walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society next month (sept. 17th) I would be sooooooo greatful (sp?) of any wooters who could help out by donating even $1. I lost my dad to Leukemia on 8-5-03, I was 20, he was 47. He was diagnosed and admitted to the hospital immediately and died 1 week later. There are some facts on my doantion web page about the survival rates and other blood cancer things. Think about it people blood cancer is one of the worst kinds you get, there is no tumor to remove, it’s your blood. All of the money goes to funding research and helping families that are struggling while battling blood cancers. I will absolutley not benefit from this in any way whatsoever, my family lost it’s battle. I just want to try to help some others in the future so they don’t have to go through what my family has experienced. Hell even if you don’t donate but sign up to walk in your community’s walk I’ll be happy! The link to donate is: [link]ActiveGiving Shut Down

Thanks to any one who thinks about it!!! [/quote]

Handed a check over yesterday. One of our best friends has it. So far he’s doing well and we all keep praying.

[quote user=“pooflady”]

Handed a check over yesterday. One of our best friends has it. So far he’s doing well and we all keep praying.[/quote]

Thanks for helping in the fight!!

Thanks for the support!

I was being trained on an auto-refractor this am. They should have me run the computers in Mexico not the eyeglass machines. We have to take turns doing everything on the mission, so computers are good, but checking people’s eyesight is like dooming the Mayans and Aztecs to a life in the dark ages again.

[quote user=“Woody1”]Thanks for the support!

I was being trained on an auto-refractor this am. They should have me run the computers in Mexico not the eyeglass machines. We have to take turns doing everything on the mission, so computers are good, but checking people’s eyesight is like dooming the Mayans and Aztecs to a life in the dark ages again.
[/quote]

Welcome back, good luck on your trip.

[quote user=“pooflady”]

Welcome back, good luck on your trip. [/quote]

Thanks, I have three weeks until I leave (Sept 12th) and to take my Typhoid shots/pills, Hepatitis A, Malaria, etc. then I go and sweat off a hundred pounds. Looking forward to it.

Hi Woody!

[quote user=“gimmaroon”]

(Ironic timing that the sponsor is a charity and woody got bounced for promoting his. )[/quote]

Ironic, hypocritical… patato, (how did Dan Quale spell that word?)…

Sometimes charity begins and ends with PR and [b]damage control[b].

The real irony is woot is getting benefit, in the very least, in goodwill, from having said link.

Click on it?

How’s it going? Did you get any sleep?

I’ll try and keep the controversy to a minimum until at least Wed.

Oh, it is Wed. What shouldn’t I do today? (JUST KIDDING EVERYONE!)

…running and hiding…

[quote user=“Woody1”]

How’s it going? Did you get any sleep?

I’ll try and keep the controversy to a minimum until at least Wed.

Oh, it is Wed. What shouldn’t I do today? (JUST KIDDING EVERYONE!)

…running and hiding…[/quote]

I was up until 9:30 last night, the neighbors thought something was wrong my lights were on so late! Good to have you back.

Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), the number one genetic killer of children under the age of two.

Enough said.

FSMA

Except, “Please!”

and

Thank you.

[quote user=“Alien Research Group”]Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), the number one genetic killer of children under the age of two.

Enough said.

[url]http://www.fsma.org/[/url]

Except, “Please!”

and

Thank you.
[/quote]

I have been donating to all that have posted here, but do to limitations of my Co. firewall, I cannot access all the confirmation emails. I don’t want anyone to think I have chosen some over others. NO OFFENSE WOOT, but my wife has many watches, and even though I would buy this out of compulsion, I dedcided to make today the $20 to each charity day. Hey if it’s up again, I’ll buy one.

[b]Thank you for your generosity!

Thank you for your tax-deductible contribution using the Network for Good Giving System. You may save or print this receipt for your records. It certifies that you have made this donation as a charitable contribution and you are not receiving any goods or services in return. This receipt may be useful to you when completing your tax return.

Your credit card will be billed as Network for Good instead of the names of the charities receiving the funds. All donations are final and may not be refunded. Your donation will be processed as follows:

Name: Woody

Method of Payment: Mastercard
Name on Credit Card: xxxxx
Credit Card Last 4 Digits: xxxx
Credit Card Expiration: xx/xxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Time: 7:52 PM EDT
Reference Number: 100058xxxx
Authorization: Accepted
Authorization Code: 049xxx

Nonprofit Organization: Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Address: PO Box 196 , Libertyville, IL 60048
Designated Project:
Dedication:
Amount: $20.00

The above information relating to you, the donor, is used only to complete your donation. If you made your contribution anonymously, the information will not be provided to the charity. Please visit Network for Good ( [url]http://www.networkforgood.org/help/privacy_full.html[/url] ) for more information on privacy and security.

Your contribution is being made to Network for Good, a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization, which will distribute your donation to the charity you have designated. If the charity you have selected cannot or does not accept donations, is not recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a public charity, or is not in good standing with federal and state regulators, Network for Good will contact you to redirect your donation. If you have questions about your donation, please contact our customer service representatives by e-mail at donations@networkforgood.org.

Thank you for visiting Network for Good! http://www.networkforgood.org.[/b]

Moooooo - baaaaaaa, that’s thank you in two heifer languages.

[quote user=“cerealkiller_001”]I am doing a walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society next month (sept. 17th) I would be sooooooo greatful (sp?) of any wooters who could help out by donating even $1. I lost my dad to Leukemia on 8-5-03, I was 20, he was 47. He was diagnosed and admitted to the hospital immediately and died 1 week later. There are some facts on my doantion web page about the survival rates and other blood cancer things. Think about it people blood cancer is one of the worst kinds you get, there is no tumor to remove, it’s your blood. All of the money goes to funding research and helping families that are struggling while battling blood cancers. I will absolutley not benefit from this in any way whatsoever, my family lost it’s battle. I just want to try to help some others in the future so they don’t have to go through what my family has experienced. Hell even if you don’t donate but sign up to walk in your community’s walk I’ll be happy! The link to donate is: [link]ActiveGiving Shut Down

cerealkiller_001, I lost my dad to Leukemia, after watching him battle it with such great dignity, strength, and valor.

Here’s another way to contribute:
myplasticheart and tokyoplastic are working together to help fight Cancer! tokyoplastic will be raffling off an original 3 piece canvas (valued at $1500) from their show at the Fredericks Frasier Gallery in New York. All you need to do to enter is purchase a set of 3 limited edition postcards from myplasticheart and you’ll be automatically entered into the raffle. All proceeds from the raffle will go to fighting Leukemia through The Firefly Ride of 2005 and Leuka 2000.

Buy Postcards, Win Canvasses, Cure Cancer

Woody you are awesome!
It is so painful to watch my beautiful nephew struggle with this horrid disease.
I am going to follow your lead:
Today is as great a day as any to give at least $20 more to some great charities!
[b] FSMA

Thank you![/b]

Hey, cerealkiller_001, how’s that for getting your %-ages up! :wink:

2005-08-24 18:32:26.7 Order# 11858849-082405183223
Donor Information
Name: Cosmic Release Inc.
Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
E-mail: XXXXXXXXX@msn.com
Address: XXXXX IXXXXXXs Rd
XXXXX XXXXXX, CA XXXXX USA
Active.com Newsletter? No
Subscribe to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society newsletter? Yes
Donation Information
Organization: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Washington/Alaska
Campaign: Washington/Alaska Chapter
Fundraiser: Rachael Scott
Federal Tax ID: 13-5644916
Amount: $100.00
Total: $100.00
Payment Information
Credit card: Visa
Name on card: Cosmic Release Inc.
Card number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
Expiration: 02/06
Charge Amount: $100.00

Well Woody, the ball is rolling, good job. Goodnight all.