Charles Smith Viognier (3)

Our delivery guy’s name is “Mark” and he’s had a cold the past few days. I hope he gets better soon. :smiley:

You gonna keep repeating yourselves, or you wanna tell us about your wine? :slight_smile:

What’s the scoop on your native yeast in this wine? And how much of this did you produce?

My store already does. Now they just ask me “red or white?” when they give me the box.

Meh

Oh I’ll tell you anything you want to know! Ask away! We use ONLY native yeast to produce all of our wines and this Viognier is no exception. We made a total of 476 cases in this vintage. Single vineyard…the Lawrence vineyard…on the Royal slope. Special place!

Speaking of Twisted Oak Viognier… WD or El Jefe any chance of seeing some soon? In the meantime, I may have to get one of these!
Cheers!

K Syrah was one of the best wines I’ve ever tried via wine.woot. I recommend picking some up if you have the means. We also keep a couple of bottles of King Fu Girl on hand for pairing with spicy Asian food. Have not had the opportunity to taste the Viognier. However, this label art is a little lame for a CSW offering. In for one set.

Speaking of El Jefe, I see the Charles Smith site features a Tempranillo sporting the same moniker. That can’t be mere coincidence, can it? What’s the deal?

Well, he’s either a thief, or great minds think alike… :smiley:

You’re in? Awesome! And thank you!
But, let me help you feel better about the label. Even if a label appears lame or tame for a “Charles Smith label”, keep in mind that there is always a story behind it. The nickname for this label is “Badge”. It was inspired by the song “Badge” by the band Cream. It was recorded one week after their last performance and one of only three songs recorded in-studio on their final album (the rest were live cuts) It is based on drunken conversations between George Harrison and Ringo Starr, so the lyrics don’t make a ton of sense, but the music is undeniable. When it came to designing the label, it had to be a badge-like shape, of course. Uncle Charles chose the original shape of the pocket on a Levi’s pocket tee…his favorite…to represent a badge. Total Americana.

PS - Viognier is a delicious pairing for your spicy Asian and Indian dishes too! A little something to alternate with your Kung Fu Girl.

Did someone already post a link to the product info sheet or did I miss it?

Last Wooter to Woot:
alforsd

I already warned my wife that December was going to be expensive in the “Woot sinning” category. This will be my 3rd “confession” already this month.

My Fedex guy knows me so well that if I am not home, he signs and leaves it.

El Jefe is the name we gave our Tempranillo back in 2002 when we made the first vintage. El Jefe means “The Boss” in Spanish, which is what this wine is to us in both varietal and profile, so it seemed like the perfect moniker. I believe Twisted Oak uses it as the nickname of it’s owner, Jeff. Another perfect use in a different way. No thieving on either side! :slight_smile:

Whoa that is awesome! I need to get to know my FedEx guy THAT well!

So angry I live in Louisiana right now!! Everything I’ve ever had by this place has been amazing.

Your link works, yes! You can also find specs and tasting notes in the “features” and “specs” tabs on the Woot sale page.

With Cesare’s review, I think the best answer is a split. Much as I would want a whole set. I am confident there are at least another 4 or 5 offers this month that I’m really going to want.

I picked up a set for a xmas gift.

Wonderful! Thank you! I’m sure the person receiving this gift from you is going to be stoked!