Chasing Windmills

yay for the carlin reference.

Really like the color scheme on the shirt. I’ll just have to think about whether or not I have too many brown shirts already.

i was hoping for this one

I just checked the colours in Photoshop. There must be something wonky with the brown comp uploading, because the brown in toe’s submission comp is the same brown as in the earth energy one. I’ll post the comparison image I made for that one:

The one on the left is the official woot colour; the one on the right is what was in the comps.

The difference in colour is negligible. The brown here probably looks darker than it did in submission because in the submission comp you have an entire field of colour. Here, you have it set against a white background, causing the illusion of the brown being darker. :slight_smile:

This one’s really popular in North Dakota and South Dakota. Lots of quixotic people there?

Dude, there’s nothing there but windmills anyway.

Really like this one - probably my favourite of this week’s derby entries. Have to pass though, due to the fact my bank is sending me angry emails about not having enough money in my account. Will have to keep fingers crossed it shows up in a random selection sometime in the future.

Looks like its on fire…or would belong on my post-neo-avocado green appliances (the brown that came out after)

really like this one, ;D i think im in for one~

The colors actually look different due to your browser, and will look different in different browsers. (Can be tough on web-designers…) Right-click/save the image to your computer, then open that in PhotoShop… The brown matches the template. A screenshot won’t. Yep, frustrating.

it could be a mac to PC problem or possibly an Illustrator conversion to jpeg problem… all i know is i used the woot template to submit it on. it looks brown to me.

Hmm… I copy+pasted the images into photoshop and eyedroppered them for hex codes. I don’t think that would be affected by browser display discrepancies… but then again, I hadn’t even though about that problem until you mentioned it. I’m currently viewing the images in Firefox. Do the two browns have greater contrast in IE, Opera or Safari?

Mac to PC? Not sure where that would come in as far as hex codes are concerned, unless you were transferring files between computers… but I still don’t think that would be a problem. The jpg conversion sounds likely to me. The image on the front page of woot (which has the correct hex code from what I’ve figured) is a png.

I think this would look better on my wall than on me. :slight_smile:

agreed should be a screen print

click on the shirt on the front page and save the blown up picture. Then use it as a background/wallpaper

Copy/paste from FF to PhotoShop results in the same color as a screenshot of FF (it’s already been through the FF filter before you copy it). Save Image As/open in PhotoShop gives “correct” (template) brown. btw, I get different codes from screenshots of FF vs. IE, and neither matches yours.

Toe, once again, congratulations! Sorry for taking space in the thread!

i’ll post a properly sized and cropped version if people are interested for wallpaper… but tomorrow cause it’s late and i’m knackered. going to bed, g’night all and thanks again!

grats again, Toe… hope it sells well for you

This looks kinda like a Picasso painting. Too bad I’m kinda poor right now. Beautiful work, though. I’ve seen “Starry Night” and one other of Picasso’s works, so I do see a good form in relation to Pablo’s when I see it.