Chateau Bianca Pinot Noir (6)

Chateau Bianca Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 6-Pack
$64.99 $132.00 51% off List Price
2011 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley

Any “Lab rats” info or other comments about the wine offering or winery? Thanks and Cheers!

If the producer drops by, I’d like to know how this compares to their '07 and '08 ‘barrel select’ that we’ve seen here in days past, that I rather enjoyed.

I picked up their P86 vineyard Pinot Gris at GO for around $4. Looks like Bianca is closing out some wine. Always good for us!

I always read that 2011 was not a good year for Pinot Noirs from the northwest. I am no expert but I always avoided them. Can one of the experts comment on that rumor. I would consider buying if we get some positive feedback…

I don’t follow Oregon pinot as much as some may here but you get 2 cents anyway. Even amongst the “pros” ratings and opinions will vary. But if you process the info and discard some of the noise I think what you find is a consensus that the wines are lighter and more delicate, generally easy on the alcohol and maybe best consumed sooner rather than later.
Similar to 2007 maybe?

Hi there,
Andreas here with the winery. The 2007 was a cooler vintage as was the 2011. Much more of what I classify as representative of what makes Pinot Noir so food friendly. The cellar select you refer to was also in a higher percentage of new oak.
Try it with Salmon, Ham, stew, or grilled meats. It will stand up to seasoning quite well.

Andreas with the winery here. 2011 was a cool growing season her in Oregon. What that translates to for the wine is a bit more acid on the finish, which is typical for this variety, especially in cool climate regions like Oregon. This gives the wine the ability to stand up to well seasoned foods such as marinated meats, BBQ sauces, spicy foods and aged cheeses. The acidity also gives the wine longevity, hence they don’t decline as those wines from hot vintages.

Andreas with the winery here. Those points are well made. What most people don’t realize is that even within a vintage, especially in Oregon, each site is picked at different times. In many cases this can make for wines that are really nice, contrary to what critics may say about a region in general.

Andreas here with the winery.
The wine has truly a beautiful bouquet of dried herbs, rose petals with a touch of citrus notes. It was aged for 10 months in neutral oak barrels to integrate the flavors. Though not a high alcohol and heavy mouthfeel style of wine this is a great go-to wine for a wide range of foods. Check out the Wine Enthusiast review-they also made it an Editor’s pick. The Houston rodeo wine competition gave it a gold medal.

Hi Andreas! Thanks for participating. What is the drinking window on this offer. How much longer would it cellar? Will we get these by Thanksgiving? Quality wise, how does this pinot noir compare to Anne Amie, Lange, Sokol Blosser, Solena, Eastburn, or Torri Mor pinot’s of the same vintage?

FWIW All: Wine Enthusiast rated this wine 88 points…“Here’s a most Burgundian, delicate Willamette Valley Pinot Noir at a price that can sometimes deliver clumsy, thin, and/or vegetal flavors. This has varietally-true detail, clean fruit and delightful nuances of citrus, dried herb and rose petals.”

Wonder how the wine has evolved since July 2013?

MAN! It seems like finding pinot at a good price has been far and few between on Woot, but suddenly I’m swimming in pinot! That Paul Dolan is drinking really nicely right now. Hopefully, this does too. (And hopefully for Thanksgiving - hint-hint to shipping fairies.)

Last wooter to woot: lseewoester

The nice thing about cooler vintages is that the wines tend to age really well. I have had several conversations with folks recently who have stated that they are just beginning to drink their 2011 Pinot Noirs.
Yes, you will get these wines before Thanksgiving. Once the offer ends this evening at 10 pm PST we will get all the orders put together in the next couple of days and shipped out before the end of this week.
I’m not familiar with all the styles of the aforementioned wineries though this style is meant to be softer, easily approachable and affordably priced. Cheers!

Thanks for your participation in the blog and responses…for that, I’m in for one. I’m a sucker for Oregon Pinot and you are a diplomat for not comparing your wines to others! LOL Thanks for offering your wine on this site!!! Have a great upcoming holiday season! That’s one of the reasons for my purchase.

My pleasure. Enjoy your holidays as well. Life always looks better through a glass of Pinot Noir!

Good to hear, classic Pinot Noir, that is to say a good Burgundy, is never a “high alcohol, heavy mouthfeel style of wine”. Sadly, too much Pinot produced in the US is made that way IMHO. To me the beauty of a well made Pinot Noir is the ephemeral delicacy of the grape with a hint of underlying power. If you want an in your face wine, there is plenty of Petite Syrah or other wines out there that fit that bill.

time to try something new, in for 1, and light up Michigan a bit more…looking forward to a Thanksgiving cheer with this one, thanks