Chateau Bianca Pinot Noir (6)

Chateau Bianca Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 6-Pack
$64.99 $132.00 51% off List Price
2011 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley

I’m tempted. A few years back I bought their 2008 vintage when it was offered here. That offer was $95 for a 6 pack and it was good QPR. In general the 2008 and 2011 vintages of Willamette PN are supposed to be similar. Would love to know if anyone has tasted this vintage that could compare to the previous Woot offering.

I bought a case of this the last time it was offered, still have a few bottles left. It’s interesting; well-constructed for what it is (an old world style pinot). Bright acidity and red berries with the slightest hint of some earth funk on the way down (going from memory here, been a few weeks since the last bottle). It’s light & pleasant, really is best with food, IMO (nothing like a Cali pinot). A good daily-drinker deal for people that appreciate or want to try an old-world pinot.

Hi Wooters,
Andreas with the winery here. Just checking in for any of you that may have any questions.
I did see a great post from one of you and your description of the wine.
Yes, this is not a California styled Pinot Noir. Yes, this is a food friendly wine without a doubt.
Great red fruit aromas with a round mid-palate. This wine does have solid acid on the finish which really makes it perfect going into the summer BBQ season.
Pick some up today-it should keep for years to come so stock up now while there is still some left on hand.
Cheers!

This wine has horrible reviews on the Vivino App. 2.9 stars out of 5 which is a no go for me especially at the price point. 2.9 star wine should be well under this price point. I would hold out for a better offer!

The 2.9 stars in vivino might make it more enticing to some. :wink:

Not been overly impressed with the Vivino reviews. Wouldn’t let it stop me from buying this wine. Wish there were some more reviews on this one.

I’ve enjoyed other vintages of Pinot from this winery. If I was buying I’d probably go in for a set.

Vivino reviews…eh…meh…