Chateau Epernay II Corkscrew Random (2)

I bought one of these the last time they were for sale

It fell about in about 2 weeks…

be warned, Woot will not refund you either

What’s your standard for “decent” with regard to beer bottle opening? I have a lot of implements around the kitchen that are capable of opening a beer bottle, and I never reach for this corkscrew. It’s a perfectly adequate, middling performer. It’ll slip off the bottle while opening or otherwise require a second pull maybe one time in six. Which is about par. I have other bottle openers (mainly multitaskers such as corkscrews) with a higher fail rate, but I’ve got a couple of bottle openers that always take the cap off cleanly with a single motion, so I reach for those.

Still, if all I had was this corkscrew, it would be adequate for the job of of opening beer bottles too.

WD expressed a similar viewpoint on the RPM tour.

I guess I don’t know how you receive these from the factory, but I refuse to believe it would take more than a couple minutes to sort these into bins. Even if you had 100,000 of them it just couldn’t be that difficult. I’m still getting by fine with my Pedroncelli opener so I’m good though, sell on.

So many orders for corkscrews that the entire shipping box assembly line at Woot slows down? Wine Woot should be so lucky!

These will get confiscated by TWA… I learned last week…

Got the double hinged Bone opener well over a year ago.
Flawless, absolutely flawless.
And it’s been through 303 bottles, that I know of, in the past 18 months; plus others at gatherings I don’t track.

Bottle opener does fine on the Stone I get locally.

HA! Had to check my carry on suitcase coming back from the RPM tour because of this.

Very meh. I have the bamboo one and the wood cracked after about a year of light use. Also as many others have mentioned the cuter is worthless. I keep falling back to a cheap SS one with a curved serrated blade that goes through foil like butter.

Has anyone in the world ever paid $100 for two corkscrews?

hah, yes…they make very nice gifts!

Neil, PM for you.

I’m still using the wine key that the owner of my restaurant gave me for selling 6 bottles of Dom Perignon to a single table one evening! We had to run across the street to a different restaurant because we only had 3 bottles in the house…