Cheater

If you look carefully, you can just see the outline of the penguin hiding behind the third tree.

Guys, it’s a cute shirt. No one other than nitpicky woot users is actually going to notice the bunny/battery discrepancy.

Or, you know, anyone that has watched tv in the past 20 years…

Gee, I thought the batteries were deliberately drawn to NOT resemble the energizer brand so as not to bring on copyright issues. Very clever of the artist to also minimize bunny details to avoid that problem, as well. Well-done, Naolito!

Cheater??? How 'bout MURDERER!!!

first shirt I have seen in awhile that I actually want

I just like how happy the turtle looks.

And nevermind the overcritical neckbeards, it’s a great shirt!

I didn’t even realize the Duracell Bunny existed because it was never really shown in North America due to to trademark issues from Energizer. If this was printed on an AA blank, I would really have to complain. Since it’s not, I’ll just play it off as a non-American design. :smiley:

I think it’s a genius design. If they were Energizer batteries, the tortoise wouldn’t have stood a chance. But since they were Duracells, the rabbit ran itself out of power and the turtle took advantage of the situation.

Old age and treachery overcome youth and skill

Duracell Bunnies were around before the Energizer Bunny, but I agree, many people will be too young to know or remember and will ask about the batteries.

Dear Haters,

Here is a link to the Wikipedia page for the Duracell Bunny, which predates the Energizer Bunny:

Thanks to this shirt I now know that the Duracell Bunny predates the Energizer Bunny. Too bad I can’t wear the wikipedia link as well to explain that to everyone else who will ask “Hey, shouldn’t those be Energizer batteries?”

The sheer joy on that turtle’s face is enough to assure me that everything will be okay.

… everything will be okay…

I’ve never heard of the Energizer bunny (I’m not from America), but the Duracell bunny is well known and is clearly what’s referenced in the picture. According to Wikipedia Energizer seem to have blatantly stolen it from Duracell:
“The Duracell Bunny was originally trademarked for use in the U.S. and other countries. Duracell failed to renew its U.S. trademark of the bunny and as a result, lost it. Energizer, seeing an opportunity, trademarked a new bunny for its use.”

I think the shirt is great.

Congrats Nacho!! SO deserved!!! I want this tee!!! :smiley:

Congrats Nacho! Well done!

Would love to buy this but the first thing I noticed is how they’re copper top batteries, nothing like the pop culture bunny everyone knows.

Really like the shirt, but unless they make it black top with silver bottom I won’t buy.

After reading the Wikipedia articles on the Duracell/Energizer Bunny rivalry, I realize that I am old enough to have seen the original Duracell Bunny commercials…
…and old enough to have forgotten them.

Maybe you could print the Wikipedia text on your back?