Chefman Anti-Overflow Belgian Waffle Maker

Chefman Anti-Overflow Belgian Waffle Maker

The reviews on this thing are terrible!?!? I’ve come across this before on your platform. Don’t y’all vet your products? Makes me a bit more wary to buy….

4 Likes

Aren’t you glad they don’t hide the reviews?

Lots of times Woot gets products that are sort of pushed on them from Uncle Jeff. Woot is it’s own entity but frequently Amazon will try to sell stuff here…

Have you ever bought anything from Woot yet? I have, quite a bit actually and their customer service is unparalleled in my experience.

1 Like

Products are not pushed on us. We’re given lists of potential product and WE choose what we want to sell.

5 Likes

Ok, ok…sorrrrry!

1 Like

I didn’t even look at the reviews before I wrote my answer…I don’t know what your definition of terrible is but this product has stellar reviews.

A 3% one-star rating with thousands of reviews is quite exceptional don’t you know? Any big selling product is going to have a few duds…

sheese. My bad

1 Like

Well, in THAT case, would it be feasible for people to create “wish lists” for items to watch for and select for presentation here?

Like: stack of 100 fridge-magnet pieces in business-card sizes, adhesive on the top - some people do the obvious, apply a business card for “in your face” location in the kitchen… OTHERS of us clip graphics out of catalogs etc and make personalized fridge magnets…
OR
Like: customizable rubber-stamp kits to, say, allow posting Woot! monkeys (etc) in unexpected public places? (no accounting for what the obsessed and/or disturbed may come up with, right?)
OR
Like: technical tools, like meters, soldering irons, stuff for people who create and/or fix things?

Set a precedent for finding good prices for those outlier items people otherwise can’t find, you may increase the wilder-side of your participating population

1 Like

Ahh, now we see - Woot! as middleman
in the great Yard Sale scavenger hunt!

(I’m fairly sure there is a huge already-existing niche for people who do this for a living. Woot! just has the granddaddy of all connections to the biggest remnants store on the planet…)

1 Like

You and I have a different definition of terrible, I guess? I, a frugal cheapskate who loves nice things, would never buy off positive reviews alone.

There are so many terrible reviews, not just bad, but terrible. One thing I know is that people will review items they hate with a purpose. Scathing negative reviews are usually posted with hopes that as many people will be dissuaded from buying the product as possible. People who take time to post lengthy negative reviews WITH pictures?! They must be pissed. You can take your chances getting a used waffle maker with moldy waffle remnants in it, but I’m good. Yes, apparently that’s a thing with these?

Also, not that the two are mutually exclusive, but notice staff didn’t refute my claim. Lol.

From my understanding, Woot! is the middle man and they get to curate their deals from myriad selections. They provide us with their best selection of awesome deals, along with loyalty “rewards” for shopping with them (like bocs, prime shipping/amzn fulfillment). I think staff confirmed the former.

I’m a new wooter, but I think that’s neither here nor there? I’m sure customer service is amazing and I’ve already talked myself out of a few carts full of AWESOME deals, but that isn’t my qualm.

I do a lot of online discount shopping. Lol. There are a lot of great deals out there if you are willing to look or follow the right people. However, there’s a plethora of so-so and out right bad deals as well that take a lot of weeding through. I stick with people/companies (like Woot!) who will do that work for me. I’m spending my dollars with them because I trust they’ve vetted the deals and aren’t just pedaling cheap crap to turn a buck. Not saying that’s what’s going on here. I’m saying there’s been a few suspect lefts and I’ll be more likely to pass on a deal from this site if I don’t have time to do a deeper look at a product. I’m looking for a waffle maker. I definitely won’t buy this one or probably any others that Woot! posts because I’d rather wait for a screamin deal on one that comes recommended from a couponer I follow. I’m almost always satisfied when I go this route. Also, I only know about Woot! because of them. To each their own.

1 Like

I hear ya.

Thanks for a clearly well thought out response.

Happy Wooting!

2 Likes

Ha! Thanks, I’m just long winded… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

ha ha. You sound like my kind of people. lol

Say uh…how “social” are you? We’ve got this silly thread that’s been going on for years here. It’s called the “Green Grotto” It started out as the grotto for Santa Sedition in 2014! Geeze, we’re not getting any younger here, right? But it has evolved over the years…

Anyway, I’d like to extend a personal invitation to you, if you wish, to join us for eh…chit chat, talking about kids and parents and life, stuff about vacations, whatever. Occasionally we talk about good deals we’ve found…stuff like that…

We have folks from all over and probably more than what’s prudent differing personalities…

So if you care to go to Green Grotto Fourteen: Proudly presented by Triskaidekaphobia (It’s the one that comes after 12)[GG13 4EVER!] and tell 'em TRJ sent you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Theoretically you could try creating a Google alert with daily update. You enter a search string for the search. Used for work related news I track. But I have yet to see it work as I intended for a Woot item.

I guess neither of you guys have seen https://wootstalker.com it is not attached to Woot in any kind of formal sense. It’s run by a great wooter named @lichme

You can create alerts and some people like to use it during woot-offs to stalk BOCs and such.

4 Likes

Safe to use in terms of email or phone privacy?

• does the same for Amazon and has not been rogue. Note that it is not affiliated with Ammy.
1 Like

Oh yeah, it’s safe and has been around for years.

4 Likes

If you’re a fan of the dark side @lichme also runs mehstalker.com.

2 Likes

Warning Red Flag GIF

1 Like

@lichme is good folk. He’s been a woot customer for years and created all kinds of tools for other customers.

5 Likes

Well thanks :grin: I’m just seeing this because I “lost” my phone a few days ago. Only to discover that it was dead under a living room blanket the entire time. :woman_facepalming:t5: My laptop and I were also just reunited as it was undergoing repairs from a kerfuffle we had… :sob: Can you imagine it? Three wootless days of agonizing fomo. :laughing:

1 Like