CHEVOO Goat Cheese & Olive Oil Mix (4)

CHEVOO Fresh Goat Cheese and Olive Oil Infusion Mixed (4)
$39.99 $60.00 33% off List Price
2 Aleppo-Urfa Chili & Lime
1 Smoked Sea Salt & Rosemary
1 California Dill Pollen and Garlic

ew canola oil. Wonder what percentage is actually EVOO

this stuff is decadent. it comes out in square but the consistency spreads on a baguette perfectly. it was like you had total control of putting just the right amount of cheese and bread combo.

i loved it. (and the office loved it)

Hello, I am from Chevoo. We had to use a small percentage of Expeller Pressed, NON-GMO canola oil so that it doesn’t coagulate in refrigeration. This was a very thoughtful decision for us and that is why we sought out the best. I hope this helps you! Happy Holidays!

I infer from the specs (it’s not explicit) that these are 7.1 oz jars. Is that net weight of the cheese, or total weight including the oil that the cheese is in (it looks like these are cheese hunks in oil)? What’s the actual cheese amount?

Hello, CHEVOO here again :slight_smile:
You are correct, the net weight of goat cheese and infused oil is 7.1oz.
Our product is made in two broad steps: (1) we take a fresh goat curd and hand blend it with either Smoked Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper; Dill Pollen & Dill Weed; or Aleppo & Urfa Chili. (2) we then marinate it in our infused oils, which are naturally (and very slowly) infused with crushed botanicals (Rosemary, Garlic or Lemon - respectively) for a full 4 to 8 weeks.

The infused oils are a stand-alone specialty item. We designed them to compliment our goat cheese blends, but are classically used in Australia (where we grew up with the product) for dipping bread, for cooking, or as a delicious salad dressing (we typically add some balsamic to the jar once the cheese is finished, shake it up and toss through the salad).

We hope this helps. Enjoy!

I LOVE this product. I was just trying to figure out the best way to get this cheese to my holiday travel destination to share with the extended family and I’m so excited I can have it shipped! This is a great deal, too. I pay a lot more for it in my local market.

I note that the anticipated shipping could be as late as Tuesday (5 days). Any guess when it will actually arrive? Tks.

What is the shelf life of this?

CHEVOO here… our understanding from WOOT is that it will arrive on Wednesday/Thursday of next week, the 23rd/24th.

Chevoo again, This product is “best buy” Feb 5th, 2016! ENJOY!

Really appreciate LJRMoon/Chevoo participation today. Nice clear and concise replies.
Welcome.

Aaaand, look at that red box that was white this morning, too!

Thanks for all of the support and HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE CHEVOO FAMILY!

my order arrived today but there was no coldpacks or anything to keep it cool but the chevoo box stated that it should be kept refrigerated. so is it safe to assume that it’s still okay for consumption or was the lack of cold pack during shipping detrimental?

the product is very stable. You are good.

It says keep refrigerated but mine went through Arizona and Texas and isn’t int a cool box? Can I eat it? Can I sue if I get sick?