Chief Many Feathers

I like it!

But i have no money :frowning:

I would really like that angry pigā€¦ (big sigh)

that is by far the most patently offensive t-shirt woot has ever printed. iā€™ve laughed off a lot of the so-called ā€œracismā€ on shirts here, but this is far beyond the bounds of common sense, let alone good taste.

terrible. just terrible.

I love so many of the artistā€™s other designs; but not this one.

I totally agree, that angry little pig brought so much joy to the world.

Yeah, itā€™s a total slander against chickens.

Puh-leeze.

I donā€™t understand. If disney makes a movie where a rooster puts on a head dress is that offensive? if Wall-E had found a head dress in the rubble and worn it around for a day, would it have been offensive? Why is this offensive? It implies absolutely nothing about native Americans or their culture. For this to be racist you would have to read so deep into it that you skew the imagery to fit your bogus claim.

Why do you have to be considered a Native American to find this shirt offensive?

I personally do not have an indigenous native background and I find this shirt to be tasteless, the description obnoxious, and the fact the people are actually purchasing it repulsive.

Very disappointing woot.

How bout a chicken with a white kungfu style headband and call itā€¦

ā€œChicken chow meanā€

Wow. I mean wow. I AM Native American. I have most of the time found woot to be somewhat offensive, but this one takes the cake. I referred people to this site. Now I will get verbally ā€œscalpedā€ tomorrow. I live right in the middle of an Native American reservation. This is the first time I ever logged on and felt this uncomfortable. No more referrals.

Iā€™d like to hear from the Zombies who were offended by the t-shirt showing them riding Segways.

Oops tried to edit and somehow erased what I wrote before. Original posting is repeated below in Jadeā€™s comment.

Indian headdress on chickenā€“same as putting a cop hat on that angry luau pig. Next time youā€™re on the rez, walk up to the biggest guy you see and call him a big chicken.

Iā€™m glad some people have a civil handle on things here.

How is this offensive??? How ISNā€™T this offensive?? The head dress is a sacred object of a culture that has been exploited and displaced for over half a millenium. So by putting it on a chicken, screen printed on a t-shirt, the man is once again defiling their culture. Not to mention the fact that it may or may not be implying Native Americans are ā€œchicken,ā€ i.e. lacking in bravery. Bad form, Woot. But then again, they ARE based in Texasā€¦

Yes, those things you discussed would be offensive.

a) Not all Native American cultures use headdresses, the ones that do would most likely not have one as outlandish as this, therefore this image is perpetuating a false image of Indigenous people in this country

b) If youā€™re discussing a native culture that does use headdresses, this item is a SACRED OBJECT. Putting something as spiritual as a headdress on a chicken is just as offensive as if you had a picture of a monkey hanging from a cross to put it into terms for you Christian kids.

Yes! that is what Iā€™m talking about! I donā€™t see this as offensive at all. If it were a break dancing chicken would it be offensive to black people? If it were a chicken in a gi, would it be offensive to Asian people? Someone explain this to me.

lol, probably. Woot better watch out next time not to step on any toes

Iā€™m liking it. Itā€™s much more interesting than a lot of the stuff thatā€™s on shirt.woot, not to mention itā€™s a nice illustration.

alsoā€¦ itā€™s a chicken (turkey? rooster?), possibly the least offensive animal i know of aside from kiwis (unless youā€™re into racial slurs). I bet a lot of Native American people would look at this and maybe even like it. I could see how some could find it offensive though. but as far as all things offensiveā€¦ this is about as mild as it gets for me. hate me for it if you wantā€¦ but i think some people just like to find something to be offended by. meh.

I just happen to be Pawnee. I found this shirt to be really offensive, and the story even more. What is even more pathetic is the people who are defending thisā€“and they arent even Native and just being a descendant does not count.

Very brief history lesson: The Pawnee have always fought alongside the U.S. even having their own Scouting/Infantry platoon, honors all veterans, and celebrates all Military holidays with Ceremonial Dances.

Where is the humor? Just watch, the intelligent buyers will speak with their $$$ this will be one of the lowest selling shirts ever. Woot, please dont do anything like this again.

(The following is a joke. It is a very bad joke. If I knew how to write a good joke, it would be one, but it isnā€™t. Live with it.)

Gosh! Itā€™s so drab! Couldnā€™t you come up with at least one bright color?

(Actually, I canā€™t remember a woot-shirt that was so colorful where the colors worked together this nicely. I might have to buy one of these, even though I have to travel through five or so American Indian reservations [ literally! ] to get to Santa Fe from here. But they are Pueblo Indians, not Plains, so I guess they wonā€™t shoot me or anythingā€¦)