Chocolate Chocolate Easter Special (4)

Chocolate Chocolate Marshmallow & Truffle Easter Special 4-Pack
Sold by: Wine Country Connect, LLC
$34.99 $50.00 30% off List Price
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE MILK SEA SALT CARAMEL EGGS, 3.5 oz. (6 Pieces)
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE MILK MARSHMALLOW EGGS, 3 oz. (6 Pieces)
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE DARK MARSHMALLOW EGGS, 3 oz. (6 Pieces)
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE THE SPRING COLLECTION, 3.5 oz. (7 Pieces)

Unit Price = $43.08/lb
Alternately, $1.40/piece
(Note that shipping is built into the Unit Price)

Yikes. Hard pass.

As an FYI, two of these are $9.95 and two are $7.95 on the vendor’s website:

https://www.chocolatechocolate.com/category/Easter

That adds up to a list price of $35.80, not $50 as Woot claims.

Lost me with the peanuts, darn allergies :frowning:

OMG woot. It gets worse every stinking day. $$43 a pound??? You’ve seriously got to be kidding. This is some sort of experiment, now, right? Yeah, I still regularly check out woot, but I don’t even know why I do - sort of like watching a train wreck, I guess.

This is supposed to be a website that has good deals; right? So a markup of >200% is a deal now?

we are checking on this as we speak.

this chocolate is outstanding and of superior quality than the stuff you find in the local stores.

FWIW.

That is some SPENDY chocolate right there!!! PASS!!

Check the price per lb @ your drug store they run over 200.00 a lb!!! for a candy bar!!!

Please link to the Walgreens or CVS $200/lb chocolate. The most expensive I’ve ever seen was something like a Whitman’s sampler or Ferrero Rocher box without a coupon.

I am talking about the candy bars @ the check out!

Uhm no they don’t. Not even remotely close. I think your calculator is broken.

A Snickers is 1.86 ounces. A $200/lb snickers would cost more than $23. I’ve never seen a $23 candy bar of any brand at a pharmacy.

I guess we know who’s buying from Woot’s Gourmet section.

see also: bill gates guesses grocery store prices on ellen

that said/shared, it really is not unreasonable to pay $1-$2 for a piece of specialty chocolate–depending on its size, quality, ingredients, and other factors. in this case, i’m going to have a rare agreement with the “shocked” crowd and say these eggs seem a bit overpriced, and this is coming from someone who is obsessed with chocolate marshmallow goodies. the higher price point may be slightly more justified for the (even smaller) truffles, which have more exotic and unique elements.

if you’re one of the wooters who buys these, will you please come back and share what you think of your purchase? thanks!

If you checked you saw the previous post was absolutely true. Buy it from the company website anytime you want as this is no deal.