Choose Your Samsung 1080p LED Smart TV

We have the UN40EH5300, got it a few months back at Costco.

TV works really well, decent sound, very good picture.

My only gripe is the stupid annoying “smart TV” interface. Its slow, overly “jazzy” - and worst of all, - Netflix is hit or miss. Sometime it works, for two weeks - then it crashes. Have to reset the TV to get it back. The “smart hub” interface also randomly updates itself - but then pesters you with a “HEY LOOK AT ME I UPDATED PRESS OK TO GO BACK TO WHAT YOU WERE ENJOYING BEFORE I INTERRUPTED WHAT YOU WERE ENJOYING - DID I MENTION THAT I UPDATED?!”

Which causes much sadness to my 6 year old when it shows up on his TV time.

Amazon Prime TV works great, and is a huge plus.

There is an iPhone/Android app, but its pretty limited - it used to be much better before they updated it…

Purchased a Samsung smart TV in November…crapped out in December. They could NOT supply authorized repair facility with necessary part. They would NOT replace TV. After months of calls and emails, they replaced it in April. Never again will I buy a Samsung product.

LOL I just bought the 55" from Amazon on friday for $300 more. Curses!

Bought the 46inch last time it was up there. This TV is great, especially if you have Samsung Smart devices on the same wifi network.

Being able to send videos and pictures that are stored on your phone to the TV without a stutter is such an amazing feature.

Perhaps you can return it to Amazon and buy this one today from Woot! Your return to Amazon can be a Woot! refurb sale in a few months :slight_smile:

These are all 120 or 60 hz. I just can’t justify replacing my little 42" 240 hz TV. It’s awesome! I’ll just sit a little closer to make it bigger.

Buyer BEWARE i bought one in NOVEMBER. It arrived broken after months of e-mails i recieved info to return it, which i did months ago BUT still no refund ??? BEWARE !!!

[MOD: I’m sorry for the delay. I’ll email CS so they can look into it.]

What/How does the square trade extended warranty offer?
Is it easy to deal with?

Still $5.00 shipping, no matter the size?

You betcha!

PRICE CHANGE

Our buyer is having a _____ Monday but he’s decided to lower the price for a couple of the models.

(PS: Dadblasted Amazon keeps lowering their prices right after we set up our sales!)

The 32” was $269.99; now $259.99 The 40” was $379.99; now $359.99

If you already purchases these models, money will come flying back to you shortly.

I want to chime in as I’ve had a UN50F6400 since September of last year. While the picture quality is excellent, and the features for customing that picture quality are also excellent so that I’m able to create a really beautiful picture for blu-rays, the “Smart” features on the TV can be very frustrating. They worked well for about 3 months before things started to get bogged down; apps often don’t start on the first try and have a tendency to stop working (namely apps which stream content such as Amazon Video and Netflix). Just wanted to throw out a cautionary note on the Smart functions based on my experience.

For the 32", I’d get it new verses refurbished off Amazon for $20 more (as of 5/12 at 10:30am central). Plus as a Prime member, free shipping.

Am I silly for wanting to hold off and get one with 3d? Not sure if anyone out there uses it anymore…

I purchased a refurbished Samsung 55" smart TV from Woot at the beginning of April. The model they are selling now is slightly newer…and has a couple better specs. for the same $799.00 price. It was new, in a brown OEM box, good packaging and everything was there. I don’t know what was “refurbed”, it was like new. I have had it for a month, my TV is perfect and works like a charm. The picture is so realistic, and the depth perception so good, I think 3-D is a fad. This is the one to buy, 55" seems to be the best size per dollar. When I bought it a month ago, everything was at least $250 more on Amazon, Walmart, etc. I am very happy with this purchase…go for it, don’t be afraid.

Be careful when buying Samsung. I screwed on my last TV buy from them. I got a 52" TV 13 months later it started to act up. They saved all of $10 by using an underrated capacitor in the power supply. Do a search on clicking Samsung tv to read about it. Even though they knew of the defect they feigned ignorance until a class action suit was filed. Unfortunately that didn’t help those of us who tried to get this fixed before they were sued. So you can be sure Samsun will try to save pennies and then deny any claims.

3D is a fad that came and went. You will rarely use the feature, I’ve used it may 3 times in 2+ years I’ve had my 3D tv. Not to mention that after a while you start to get headaches. I would not wait for that feature.

People who don’t buy refurbished TV’s :wink:

I have the 65". Very happy with the TV, but the stand is completely inadequate for a TV of the size. It wobbles like a bowl of Jello. Plan on wall-mounting it.

I think this is a great deal. I have been looking for this exact model 60". I bought it last time around. Be warned, make sure you have the freight guy open the box and check it for damage. Mine did not appear to be damaged from the outside. However when we opened it we found the top corner of the tv shattered. I refused delivery and woot refunded my money. Very quickly I might add, so good job woot!