Choose Yours

Talk about stereotypical.

Well, I’m an actual scientist and I can tell you that it’s NOT the best minds that review your work, it’s generally graduate students assigned to do so by their professors. The only time said professors actually read your so-called peer reviewed papers is when your findings are in some way threatening to THEIR work or profitability of some patent they hold. And even then they only read your conclusions and disparage them severely without even understanding your analysis.

Not that this job has made me cynical or anything!

My son would love this. He is 3rd generation nerd. But, he is a boys 14/16 and I am not sure whether to go with the men’s small or medium?

Where is Batman? :smiley:

Next on Woot.TV, the most intelligent episode of The Brady Bunch, ever!

+1 just for this. So true :expressionless:

haha, great stuff, wirdou - but why did you label the Successful Entrepreneur a villain :wink:

and i have to agree your selection is biased. why are there no cats on the wall?

i would go with at least a mens small and probably a medium would be better…especially if he plans to grow any in one of those mad growth spurts they have. my 5’ 100 pd’er is graduating to a mens medium soon…

You’re both missing the completely obvious (and hawt) brilliant Abby Sciuto from NCIS. Full scientist cred. Also hawt.

I think I’ll buy the shirt and put her picture over the ‘?’

Love the shirt, but not the size of the graphic… too big for me. A 75% scale would have been just right.

Similarly, I found the ‘Ironing Man’ logo (Ironing Man), which I liked too much to pass up, to be too large as well – far larger than the ‘actual’ ironman one.

^_____^ Thanks all who voted!:smiley: I know there are so many pop-culture scientist that could be included, but in this case I chose my favorite and those I thought could be funnier :wink:

Thanks again!:smiley:

I thought the mad scientist was Doc Brown from Back to the Future.

I agree and would like to add, in TV and movies woman is a stereotype, which is too bad.

That said what about Abby the Goth Scientist?

Awesome shirt.

Y’know I had one in my cart ready to buy and I saw this. Looked at the shirt again and realized that I agree. The graphic is just too large although I love the shirt. Maybe next time. Thanks!

Dr. Emmett Brown = Doc Brown

The Breaking Bad reference was one of the first things I noticed.

My first thought as well. I work in a tech field, and am often the only woman in meetings surrounded by men; women and girls aren’t made to feel it is “normal” to pursue science and tech fields. Just a few female roll models can make a world of difference.

Where is Sally Ride or Marie Curie? Though this shirt is all scientists from TV shows, so this is more of a reflection of TV culture. Maybe an Eleanor Arroway or Ellen Ripley or Chell.

Dr. Horrible = three episode musical, prominent pop culture icon.

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker = on TV since 1976, no love.

I would’ve liked a girl on there, NGL. Bones would’ve been fun too, or Abby from NCIS. I guess those aren’t geeky enough.

EDIT: Ripley would’ve been great too.

Oh NO total nonsense. I review all the papers I am asked to review myself and would not even think of delegating that. It is our professional responsibility to review papers.While indeed on occasion, some of the reviews of my own work seem like the reviewer had no clue - most of the time, they have a point. if they do not understand what you are saying you did not put it clearly enough.
I was never asked to review manuscripts instead of profs as a grad student either - only as myself, the conference goer.
If profs at your school do that, they are being grossly unethical and need oustin’.