Chronicle 2006 Russian River Old Vine Zinfandel - 3 Pack

I’ve got one more buy left in me for this Woot Off…is this the one? Or wait? Need some advice from the dedicated woot’s…

Im in again… thats pinot, zin, and a map on this woot off… stop me, someone… please!

just turned 21 last week, i am thankful for this wootoff :slight_smile:

You have to catch up to me before I try and stop you. :slight_smile:

I’m at:
Ty Caton
Corison
Juslyn
Wellington
Olives
Pinot
Map
Chronicle

And I’m still waiting to see if Atlas Peak makes an appearance.

Congratulations, drink up and be merry!

You’re living fat on the hogg, my friend.

You are lacking in restraint and setting a bad example for the youth. I am envious.

There are some folks who can conjure up a bunch of flavors in their mind, and be consistent in their “impressions” of those flavors and then can ascribe them consistently to wines they taste. Many times their system works only for them, as none of these flavors are actually in the wines but the compounds that are projected into the air from the liquid are reminiscent of those flavors for them. Certainly any alcoholic liquid that has been sitting in wood will take on some compounds of that wood and will have both smell and taste of that wood and the lignins, etc. present in that wood. Skilled wine tasters have done some work to establish some “accepted” reference flavors in their flavor memory, so they can describe a wine in a way that other “experts” would find familiar if they also tasted the wine.

For many of us, it is a less scientific, but still a flavor memory process of tasting a lot of wines and then committing that overall taste and perhaps different features such as how tannic it tasted to memory. Maybe not specific in that one has readily identifiable “flavors” that one can spout off about the wine, but enough of a memory map that “you know it when you taste it”.

For me, it is a bit like being able to tell you what make, model and year of car that is up ahead on the highway at night by just looking at the tail lights. I haven’t taken the time to document all of the characteristics, but I have a mental map of how they look.

I’m at:
Corison
Toffee

Corison being my first over $16/bottle purchase. I kinda want this one, too, but different people say different things so maybe I’ll wait. Kinda wishing I’d jumped at the Ty? I hate being new! I never know which ones to buy!! (All is not an option, unfortunately)

Woop…you have a PM. I’m upright and taking nourishment, thank you!

Very bad example.

I dont think we will see the atlas since it sold out last time. I will also be saddened by this.

I gifted one of these for the Christmas dinner table to my family in FL - where can you go wrong? old vine - russian river - zin. Looks like they are up to snuff - can’t wait to get the response :slight_smile:

Yeah, but I am holding out hope!