PRODUCT: 3 2006 Zinfandel Bacigalupi Vineyard
CT link above

Winery website
Winery website 2

Previous offers:
5/2/11
9/13/10

First sucker: mill

I’m thinking that mill must have one ridiculously fabulous wine cellar…

Sounds good… anyone have this and can give me their opinion? I love Zin…

I’ve enjoyed the two previous offers, but didn’t take notes.

Here’s a link with tasting notes and a score of 89.

I went in on the “Old Vines” zin they had up. Different from this vineyard apparently. Think I’ll get 1 more as I am now out.

What’s the drinking window on this?

BTW this is a great deal, these were just offered on another site for twenty five bones a bottle and they sold out.

I just wonder how long they’ll age before they peak?

Courtesy of CJ:

So join or create a gathering now!

http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/10.gif

GoodGrape has a rave review for this vino

Is 2006 a little long in the tooth for a lighter style Zin?

I got this from Invino last week. Fruit is subtle but dark. More tannins than most zins. Also quite dry with lots of sediment. not as Chewy as the Gaddis Vineyard they also make (also not as good).

Let it breathe for an hour or two before drinking. Helps soften the finish.

Good wine at this price…if it were the Gaddis I’d be in for three…hint hint…

I think mill is a bot?

I picked up the 100 yrs Old Vines Zin last time this was around (5/2/11). If you search that thread, you’ll see that the order was changed for some people due to low inventory. It also took 15 days before they shipped so don’t expect to be drinking soon. I’ve ordered from other vendors on wine.woot and had much better service and shipping times.

Despite enjoying the Zinfandel we received, I probably won’t be buying from Chronicle again. My two cents.

I heart Zin. In for one and available for labratting!!

I have a friend who has it and says it is great. I went out looking for some info, and got this link to Snooth which has a write up:
http://www.snooth.com/wine/chronicle-zinfandel-2006/

Nothing better than a good Zin, I am getting in on this one before it starts bouncing…

No rats til Fridays offering!

I can buy all shape and manner of Zins @ $18+…I’m gonna pass unless someone can convince me the terroir and the vineyard offer something I can’t find elsewhere. For all that buy, I hope I’m wrong. :wink:

For those that have had this… some mentioned tar and earth in the description… 2 words to make me say no way…can anyone elaborate more please? Thanks!!

How old are these “old vines”?

What’s the bone-Dollar exchange rate?