Chuck's Curve

And, I got an “F” in calculus.

TWICE!

steve

I’m staying out of this except to say I see no numbers on those axes. For all we know those grid lines represent equal segments of 0.286.

Last math class I took was my third semester of calculus over 3! years ago. I’m studying engineering now, I haven’t actually used stuff like sine functions in ages except when making nerdy comments on my friends’ facebook walls.

It took me a moment but I totally saw the Charlie Brown shirt. Nice twist there.

But I really DO enjoy antihero comic strips and math! The Woot writers know me so well.

In any case, thanks for keeping an eye on the symmetry, fellow wooters. Nice catch!

Now watch this and drift off to sleep after watching that crazy ending to the Seahawks-Packers game!

LOL!

Nice to see a sinusoid, and nice color use. If someone draws a triangle wave, as per our friend Charles, and includes its Fourier decomposition via its harmonics, I’ll buy two. Continuity didn’t stop the universe, and it shouldn’t stop us.

http://emotibot.net/pix/6049.jpg

This is trigonoetry

As an English major, I am now able hop into the conversation by correcting your spelling:

trigonometry

Anyone else hear Vince Guaraldi piano music and have a sudden craving for Zingers and other fine products from Dolly Madison?

maybe you have to adjust some settings? i hate when that happens :\

Um… What kind of engineering are you studying? Because, I’m an Electrical Engineering student and we use that sine function stuff ALL the time.

Agreed!

As an history major (and yes, “an” is correct even though I disagree with its use), I can now join the conversation by correcting your grammar: “…I am now able to…” or “…I am able now to…”

http://editingandwritingservices.com/a-or-an-before-words-beginning-with-h/ would disagree, sort of. I’m pretty indifferent on this one.

As an insomniac, I would like to mention that my grammar needs correcting from time to time as much as the next guy.

Or in Peanuts terms: “Waaah Wah Waaaah, Wah Wah.”

But if he’s correcting someone’s mistake, shouldn’t it be trigowrongometry?

Darn Nathan, you’re like a clever idea factory. What a cool shirt.

First shirt I have seen on here where maybe,just maybe I could, with practice,replicate the artwork. Cool shirt.

couldn’t you just say this was a cosine wave instead of a sine wave with a phase shift?

Sure, with no scale, technically any sine or cosine function works. However, it is pretty misleading to have a standard Cartesian plane with standard looking axes in bold but then draw the function such that the x axis could not be where y = 0.

It is misleading enough that I believe most people would think this is an error.

Wow. Lots of math blockheads today. Here, allow me to hold this football for you…