CinemaGo 3n1 Network Multimedia Player

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

CinemaGo 3n1 Network Multimedia Player
$68.99 + $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

nope, no card with this item.

Someone explain what this does and why I need it.

I was trying to figure out why in the heck you are posting that in every thread. Then it dawned on me.

I’m slow.

Also, don’t miss Matthew’s new video… “Stop the World (Theme from Armagedd-Off)”
[youtube=__m8gMccyMI][/youtube]

If you’re someone who has ripped their entire DVD and/or Blu-Ray collection (or has obtained videos through other means), this allows you to watch them on your TV. Same situation with music and you want to listen to it on a stereo.

Apparently, I’m slower.

Discontinued item.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882462002

Decents reviews on NewEgg & Amazon, but old model…

If it was clear it could play Blu-Ray M2TS files, I’d give it a try, but…

A few years ago, a bunch of these media players came out based on some common chipset (I think from Realtek, but could be wrong). The video quality of the HDMI playback is pretty good. The thing that differentiates the different brands is the software they run. The low-level stuff is all from the chipset SDK.

It’s the high-level stuff (menus, UI, dancing bears) that is pretty variable. You can find various modified firmwares for these players floating around, though I don’t know about this one in particular.

If you want to use your TV to watch you tube or p o r n off the internet.

Ah, thank you. That helped quite a bit!

No problem :slight_smile:

I seen my friend had one and he had thousands of movies on it ,is it fairly easy to use.

What format do Blu-Rays need to be in? I rip every blu-ray but haven’t found a good way to play them via network, yet.

I don’t have any experience with this particular one, but they’re usually not complicated. Plug in a flash drive or external hard drive and then you’ll get a file list of all the files it can play, highlight the file you want to play and hit Ok.

Pulling files through the network from another computer or a NAS requires a little up front setup to get the two talking to each other, but after that its just like you plugged a hard drive in.

The geek in me feels like it NEEDS to have this, but I can’t figure out what it can do that my 12’ HDMI cable can’t besides let me ditch the cable.

OK, since my computer monitor is also my TV, I’m passing.

If I want to watch something off of my HDDs, I’ll use the monitor mode.

steve