Cisco Valet 300Mbps 802.11n USB Network Adapter

Does anybody really actually need this???

So can you use the stand thing as an extra USB plug or something? That is if you weren’t using the wireless?

Will this connect to my xbox 360?

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Cisco Valet 300Mbps 802.11n USB Network Adapter
$6.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Take note that this does not work on the 5GHz band of Wireless N.

Still a good deal though!

Slightly cheaper here tonight than regular price over at the Mothership - $12 shipped on Woot, $15 shipped on Amazon. Much better deal if you need two or three.

Decent reviews on Amazon, too - 4/5 stars.

I have one of these. It’s worth every penny! I paid $50 for this at Best Buy a couple years ago when I needed to do maintenance on an older tower in a mostly wireless household. It’s gonna happen if you have relatives like mine. Good luck.

Yes. Be nice.

My desktop is in a location where running wire isn’t possible and it doesn’t have a wireless card. So yes, people do use these :slight_smile:

Things might have changed in the last year, but I was looking for a wireless setup for my xbox 360. The only thing that works is the Xbox 360 adapter.

Instead of paying 100 dollars for their device I set up my netbook using a guide similar to this one: How to Use Your Laptop As an Xbox Wireless Adapter: 5 Steps

I just bought one of these for an older PC. Now make me feel good and someone tell me they already have one and it works great! Please!

Will this work with Ubuntu Linux? I need a wireless adapter for a desktop as I’m converting my household.

Not extra. It’s an extension, so you don’t have to reach around to the back of the computer to plug it in if you don’t have or don’t want to use the front USB ports.

yes

probably not; you’d be better off bridging two wireless routers

Yeah, I figured. Just wanted to find a pretty easy/cheap way to do it besides the long cord I use. Thanks a lot

my dad is crazy and buys a bunch of old laptops and towers for people he knows without computers. Unfortunately a lot of them don’t have wireless. I’m in for 3 cause I know he’ll want these.

Thanks for posting and answering the 360 question. Damn you Microsoft!!!

The base is basically just a USB extension cable so you can move the USB WiFi receiver to a different location to get a better signal if needed. Mine sits up on a shelf.

Did anyone else on first sight of the picture without reading the product description think Woot was taking a turn for the naughty side…