Clickfree C2 500GB Portable Backup Drive Special Edition

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Clickfree C2 500GB Portable Backup Drive Special Edition
$69.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

15$ more wouldve got you 150 gig earlier.

$70 seems a little steep for a 500 GB Drive.

Even with some backup software.

2 TB at Staples for $20 More

Way too high priced

recerts available for ~$30 less
http://www.amazon.com/Clickfree-R527BCR-1004-100-Re-certified-500GB-Portable/dp/B005G7AW82

Time for a coffee break this one is going to take a while lol

The thing about these external drives is that it’s difficult to know what drive is actually in there. In a way, it’s like buying a hard drive with no label on it.

Half a terabyte? That’s so 2009.

Crap! “For Windows Comeputers Only”. I went the cheap route and only bought a computer.

This is tempting, but with everything else I have bought tonight, not sure I can justify this. It’s something that I probably won’t need, and if I did, I wouldn’t need that much to back up the stuff I can’t live without.

I’ll check back in a few hours to see if this has moved yet… :frowning:

Hmmm…yeahhh I’ll pass, just bought a 2TB Fantom Drive for 90 bucks NEW…don’t really need a quarter of the space if 20 bucks more yields 4x the space

Drats. All I really need is a gaming-esque laptop, but it will still be another 2 months before I’ve saved enough for a Woot refurb (only have $400 saved). Oh well, gimme something good in November Woot Monkeys!

I will still be following this Woot Off though.

Seagate 500GB GoFlex is readily available for $50 free shipping from Amazon… not a real good deal …

ttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ELOSFK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
h

Half a terabyte, really? This must be a typo since I just saw a 1TB WD external yesterday for cheaper.

Hey woot, how about some golf stuff before I get off work in 30 min and goto some sleep!

man it would seem they have about 150-200 of these- Gonna take a little nap now. Goodnight woot.

link?
i dont see a clickfree 2TB at staples less than 179

i do agree that this is a little high for a 500GB external drive - that appears only to have usb2.0
there are usb3.0 clickfree drives that are in 100 mark for about a 1TB.

pass on this…

I guess it’s just me, but I can’t even imagine why someone would need 2tb of backup! The partitioned part of my hard drive that I use to backup stuff in case I need to reformat the Windows partition on an emergency- only has almost 49gigs on it!

You people must have a lot of downloaded movies or music or something!

The cost of this drive is more around whatever no-name backup software that comes with it.

Backup software can be pretty straight forward. It took me an hour to write a piece of software that will keep a back-up folder in sync with a source folder. Far from perfect and not very pretty at all but it’s not a complex mechanic.

So save yourself some money, buy a cheaper drive on sale with bigger space and then find some free backup software.