Clickfree C2 500GB Portable Backup Drive Special Edition

I would give 30 for that

Heck for 10 dollars more you can get a seagate 2TB one over at tigerdirect. Doesn’t seem like much of a deal.

High Quality Photos plus Music and become very large over time.

This brand of drive is like a retired ninja. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen one.

I highly recommend this for the technically challenged. The software is the key to it’s value. I have used mine for about a year and had to restore files from a crashed computer during that time. This is “backup for dummies” and I’m not afraid to admit that I’m one of those dummies because I love mine. :slight_smile:

Its portable, has 256-bit encryption, and you don’t have to manually back up files, that’s it gimmick?

To keep in mind this is a portable drive which are always more expensive than desktop models. If you are going to compare, you need to compare this to another portable which makes this a pretty good deal.

I don’t personally use a portable, but know plenty of people that do. They have their uses.

As for not needing 2TB of backup, I have 4 TB and over half of it is filled. We don’t have music or videos either. It is all pictures and financial documents.

Everyone is missing the main part of the description, it’s a “Special Edition” So they can charge more for it.

It doesn’t really matter how much space is actually going to be used, what matters is price per gig. The price per gig on this drive is relatively high compared to other similarly sized drives.

It’s a usb powered, 2.5" drive.
For comparison, Amazon’s Deal of the Day is a 500gb 2.5" hdd for $50, down from $63.

Add to that the software, and the external case…

Not a bad price.

Wake up guys.

You must have lots of money :wink:

The maker’s page is here:

http://www.clickfree.com/products_c2.php

It’s worth noting it’s smaller than it looks in the photo, and it does work with both Mac and Windows, and doubtless Linux.

I am tempted.

this thing will take forever to sale out

Missing the point folks. It’s about the drive AND the software. A cheap drive does you no good if you don’t use it to backup on a regular basis. That’s what this is about. Easy software to setup and configure backups and then forget it. Are you really going to get a cheaper drive and then use Windows backup on it? Nope. You’ll buy a cheaper one and then it will sit there not used because you never got around to installing and configuring backup software. Then there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when your main drive fails and there’s no backup. (written by someone who weeped and gnashed after my main drive failed. Because my Windows backup had stopped working for serveral months and I never got around to fixing it, I lost a lot of stuff!)

To everyone who replied to me, I see what you are saying. Especially about the price per gig thing and the amount of stuff that you have and what type.

And to Zangiefsjm- That was hilarious.

OUCH! Buy.com has 2TB for the same price… And it includes backup software.

Most of you are missing the point that this is not just plain external HD. It contains software to automate the backup process. It can also be connected to multiple computers to back them up also.

Not a bad deal. The software alone could easily cost that much.

$48.99 with free shipping at Buy.com Says recertified at top of screen, but Condition states it’s brand new. So ?

Plus they look shiny.

Still not enough for a gaming laptop. :-/