Clif Climber Red - 4 Pack

If you can get past the sediment in this bottle, there may be some mediocre wine in there for you to try! Not worth the money, or the time.

Mine were awful. Didn’t taste corked, but cooked. The driver, who has come by some time in the afternoon for all of my other deliveries, showed up early in the morning twice - when I was in the shower. It was in the middle of a heat wave, and I figured that three days in the truck at maybe 130 deg F stewed it. Then I read about others who had problems, and now I wonder.

Woot gave full refund - they’re great. But I don’t trust this now.

This one is an easy drinker, but I would caution you about the quality problems some have had. It is always possible to get a “corked” (spoiled) bottle of wine, even with expensive bottles. but I would worry that you would get a bad one here, and not realize it, and have it turn you off to wine for good.

BTW - Note well what I said about a Vinturi. Red wines need to breathe (be exposed to the air), ideally for about an hour after being poured into a decanter (a type of pitcher for wine). If you are impatient, you should blow $20 or so and get a wine aerator to somewhat get around this problem. Have a little fun after you get it… pour a tad in your glass right after you open the wine and taste it. Then taste it after pouring it through the aerator. Works like Magic!

These were up on woot back in the spring a week before summer shipping started and lots of them got cooked in transit.

And if you purchase expect to find both sediment in the wine and Crystals on the cork. Decanter or vinturi will be your friend here.

I really enjoyed these.
Good table wine or sipper.

I think it’s impossible to answer that without knowing your palate.

If this wine had been what I expected when I ordered it, it would be a daily drinker with lots of fruit, but not “bomby.” I thought it would make a good daytime BBQ drinker. Of course, I never found out, since mine was bad.

Otherwise, it shouldn’t be a bad deal. As to the Wellington Merlot, I’ll be trying that for the first time. But I’ve had many Wellingtons, and not one has disappointed. Unless you just don’t like Merlot, it should be wonderful for the price.

Those who know more than I may feel free to chime in.

Unlikely it will be cooked this time of year. It isnt a screw off, so it being corked may be the issue. Woot has be good on corked btls in the past. Play it safe and order a case for $5 shipping. This will make a great party wine. No brainer imo.

Ortman cuvee offering here had a lot of sediment also at $15 a btl.

This is…OK at best. If you like a very fruity/sweet red, then give this a shot…I tasted this and was taken by surprise at how sweet it was, and fruity…it really was like grape juice. But…it’s got alcohol in it, the label is neat, my guests loved it. I don’t think I’ll be ordering again though; gotten much better $10/bottle wine from woot in the past.

I think this is pretty good drinking, some sediment on the first couple pours. If I didn’t still have two plus the open one left I would be in for more.

If the white came up I would definitely be in.

I am crushed that I missed the Brandini! WD, any possibility of another go round on it? Work really gets in the way sometimes!

LOVED it. For $10/bottle this is a steal. In for two. Definitely on the fruity side, but good flavor and easy to drink. Actually one of my favorites I’ve gotten in the past year and this will bust my 3+ week SIWBMWCN, and I’m not necessarily a fruit forward drinker. I actually tend to prefer the tobacco/spicy wines.

Mine! I tell you, MINE!

in for 2.

The issue with the Ortman was different - it was actually stored too cold for a night in the warehouse, and thus the tartrates in the wine precipitated out, forming crystals.

The Clif Climber here was the last offer without summer shipping, and I believe that it went out in mid-June, in the midst of the first of the East Coast’s several epic heat waves this year. Hence, the vast majority of the problem bottles were likely cooked, not corked, and there shouldn’t be an issue going in this time (aside from the wine freezing in FedEx trucks stuck in a two-foot snowbank, for those of you in Montana). I didn’t get it the first time, though, so I can’t pass judgment on whether it would be an advisable purchase.

In for 3, this is a great everyday wine and rare (unseen!) around my neck of the woods.

Bought a case last time and had no issues with the wine. Every last drop drinkable and enjoyable.

Cant go past a set of the Cliff bars without wishing I had some more of these.

So, Thank you (again) wootgods.

In for 3, this is a great everyday wine and rare (unseen!) around my neck of the woods.

Bought a case last time and had no issues with the wine. Every last drop drinkable and enjoyable.

Cant go past a set of the Cliff bars without wishing I had some more of these.

So, Thank you (again) wootgods.

In for 3. Enjoyed these very much last time as they are a great everyday wine.

Cant go past a display of Cliff bars without wishing I had some more of these.

So, Thank you WootGods

(and if I have to retype this a 3rd time because of server crashes, I wont be…)

r u serious about the ortman? I thought the winery purposely made its wine with tartrates…it said so on the description that comes in the shipment…so does it mean that the ortman is somehow “tainted”? i am a bit ticked I was not tld the “real” story"

Wow - you really are in for 3! :wink:

what can I say… so good I had to say it 3 times…You would think that Woot could afford to pay for some more batteries for their servers by now…

The Ortman offering, even with the tartrates that one has to poke through with a sharp object, remain by far my favorite woot out of many, many woots.

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3937185&PageIndex=2&ReplyCount=135#post3938053

Nope. The tartrates are naturally occurring, and their precipitation (or lack thereof) has no substantial effect on wine. The description (and winery’s laudably forthcoming admission) was simply intended to warn us about the existence of the crystals. No need to be alarmed.