Clif Family The Climber Pouch 1.5L (4)

fair enough! I appreciate the explanation. And I get what you’re saying about the likes of Franzia. I could have lived without your telling the other guy this site’s not for him, though. It discourages discourse (which usually you’re more than willing to engage in).

There’s no way the shipment you were referring to was compliant. Retailerw have very limited legal delivery capabilities. shipping hard liquor into Pennsylvania is certainly not one of them.

So this package is designed for the cliff climber that wants to drink wine? Please keep the cameras rolling and leave someone alive to post it on Youtube.

Well said!!!

Ebay gets around it by saying that you are buying the bottle as a collectors piece. Anything contained in said bottle is incidental. There are many liquor stores in other states that ship me wine and liquor in PA. Not sure how they do it, but they don’t hide it. It’s declared and you have to be 21 an d sober to receive it. I just bought some Carpano Antica from New York without any issues.

David is more versed in this than I, but the rules may be slightly different for wholesale distribution companies or general distributors shipping directly to consumers as opposed to wineries shipping directly to consumers (licensing is generally different for the two). Regardless, in the case of wine.woot, all purchases are actually being made from the winery (not wine.woot) and shipments are made directly from the winery (or via WCC - Wine Country Connect) directly to your door. This type of transaction is NOT legal in the state of Pennsylvania and therefore you will not see Pennsylvania listed as a ship-to state on a wine.woot sale (unless of course it is a non-wine item) until they change their laws.

And a bottled wine is still a bottled wine; a canned beer a canned beer. There are still major differences inside the containment vessels.

I’ve not had these wines, but I have had the Climber that was a blend of lots and lots of red varietals. It wasn’t bad, not great but certainly worthy of pizza on a Tuesday night.

I agree - too harsh. No need for that.

Because while people may post “so-so” reviews of this wine, we have a high standard. Compared to those cheap boxed wines in the store, this is two+ steps above! Give it a try, and see if you can’t tell the difference.

And have to agree about the harsh post - we try to have some decorum here! Afterall, we snobs drink wine! :slight_smile:

I don’t think it was harsh at all. Keep in mind, text has no tone. Don’t read into posts what may not be there. And if you think about it, the post was actually helpful. I wish I could go back to drinking grocery store boxed wine a la college. Do you how much money I would have right now?!

And you don’t need to have one of those re-corking things, or fancy bottle topper, or feel as pressured to drink it w/in a few days!

I can honestly say I have enjoyed all of Sara gotts wines that i have tried regardless of winery. I just don’t need more wine at the moment.

She also makes wine for her husbands label joel gott which is priced a little above daily drinker status but if found at a discount is a wonderful daily drinker.

I’m very confused by this “deal” as I just went to The Climber site to read more about the wine and it’s only $17 a pouch ($34 for both the Chard/Cab pouches). The shipping charges are more but the wine is less…

This offer is for two of each.

Well, as the person who first flung the “harsh” term out there, may I just point out that it was used in reference not to the original post questioning the deal (which I would characterize as “contrarian”, “argumentative” or even a bit “rude” rather than “harsh”), but to the suggestion that the OP ain’t nothin’ but a low-class Franzia-lover who might prefer to frequent a site other than Wine.woot. (Which could only be uttered by someone who’s never read the contributions of some of our beloved pub regulars after they’ve had a couple – I won’t name names.)

Anyway, all of this is harshing my Saturday-afternoon mellow. Back to debating whether the wine’s worth buying!

I have very much enjoyed the Cliff Climbers I have had in the past. I’m down to my last 2 of the white, so I’m buying this, party or no party!

Yes, I know I just realized that I’m an idiot and didn’t notice it’s TWO pouches of each! I just pressed the big red BUY button! Apparently I’ve already started drinking lol…

We used similar glasses at the lab-rat session on the rpm tour. I noticed that they were stacked/packaged in plastic bags for bulk sale, like solo cups. Does anyone know if those were Govino glasses or a knockoff?

I brought one back to our room and my +1 (who was too tired to come down for the tasting) liked it so much she washed it and took it home in her luggage.

I still have the bag. Same individual govino bag they come in, and says govino on the glass too. Very strongly doubt they’d be going after knock off products.