Clif Family Winery The Climber Four - Pack
$39.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: White
Product:
4 2007 The Climber

CellarTracker link above.

Wine Spectator
87 Points
“Grassy, floral notes are intense and juicy, with lemon meringue and Key lime pie notes that are ripe and tasty.”

Food & Wine Magazine
California’s Top Wines for $15 or Less
“Winemaker Sarah Gott…crafts this refreshing, grapefruity white mostly from Sauvignon Blanc, then adds other varieties — Muscat, Chardonnay, Riesling and Chenin Blanc — to contribute floral aromas and lots of intriguing depth to its flavors.”

Connoisseurs Guide to Wine
87 Points, Good Value
“The combination of grapes in this wine lends a bit of a flowery edge to the juniper and grass scents of its main variety, and if the wine is a little on the rounded side at entry, it quickly firms up in the latter palate.”

From a previous woot

Not a bad deal, I’ve had this for about $15 from the store and it’s decent quality.

I would be in, except I’m not sure I want 4 bottles of it…

Previous rat reports

[link]http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2292848&PageIndex=14&ReplyCount=644#post3390846[/link]

Clif products are made with lots of organic ingredients, but I don’t see anything that indicates this practice includes their wine grapes.

edit: Whoops, didn’t read the description all the way through, “this wine has been made as organically as possible.” Well that’s pretty cool.

This looks like a great deal. I wish it could be shipped to Tennessee. :frowning:

It’s not too bad for a cheap white. I’d buy more of it if it was under $10

Gah! I’m caught in some sort of boozy Catch-22. If I want it, it doesn’t ship to TN. It’s enough to make a girl start buying wines she doesn’t want just because she can!

Thank you, EWN. In for 2.

Don’t let the grapefruity comment above (from Food and Wine quote) mislead you. This is a relatively complex white and a great deal.

I have the same problem. I could have bought the Boss Monster, but I didn’t want to try it for $17.50 a bottle. Frustrating!

I never buy less than a case (be it 2 or 3 lots). Now I have my Christmas shopping all done. Or should I buy something else for the kids…

I am not a wine expert, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I don’t like chardonnay wines - i don’t know why, but every time i have just the least bit of one, i get sick. On the other hand, I love Rieslings, Sauv Blanc’s, Gewurztraminer, Pinot Grigios, etc.

My question is this…in the reviews I’ve read about this wine, Chardonnay is mentioned as being part of the make-up, but I don’t see that listed on the main Woot screen?

81% Sauvignon Blanc 12% Pinot Blanc 4% Chenin Blanc 3% Muscat

Maybe someone can help clear that up for me. If there’s no Chardonnay involved, I’m in for one. :slight_smile:

Would any one be willing to comment generally comparing this to the Triacipedis? From the posts I read from the last time this was offered, sounds like the two share an easy-drinking, summer wine vibe.

I still have several bottles of the Triacip stashed away, trying to figure out whether I really need to pull the trigger on this one. TIA.

Anyone out there got an idea of how this would compare to Conundrum? TIA

I checked the Clif Family Winery website, and it looks like Chardonnay is involved in the 2008 Climber White’s blend. The 2007, which is being sold here, does not have Chardonnay.

Why can’t it be shipped to TN? I have already ordered 8 bottles during this winewoot-off.

You likely won’t get them - at least not legally. http://wine.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx

Georgia is not on the list either :frowning:

Yeah, I just noticed the order went through with my street address, but with CA as the state… gotta fix that one.