Clif Family Winery The Climber Four - Pack

http://www.drinkupny.com/Clif_Family_Winery_The_Climber_p/w1028.htm?utm_source=Vinquire&utm_medium=WineFeed&utm_content=2008+Clif+Family+Winery+The+Climber&utm_campaign=base&v_traceback=c0421_1557_f0421_1654

$15 plus shipping & tax there

http://corkd.com/wine/view/107447-2008-clif-family-the-climber-white-sauvignon-blanc-blend

some tasting comments. Looks like it’s a rather tasty steal…

Winery site: http://www.cliffamilywinery.com/climber-white2008.php

List is $14/btl.

Wine Spectator
87 Points
“Grassy, floral notes are intense and juicy, with lemon meringue and Key lime pie notes that are ripe and tasty.”

Food & Wine Magazine
California’s Top Wines for $15 or Less
“Winemaker Sarah Gott…crafts this refreshing, grapefruity white mostly from Sauvignon Blanc, then adds other varieties — Muscat, Chardonnay, Riesling and Chenin Blanc — to contribute floral aromas and lots of intriguing depth to its flavors.”

Connoisseurs Guide to Wine
87 Points, Good Value
“The combination of grapes in this wine lends a bit of a flowery edge to the juniper and grass scents of its main variety, and if the wine is a little on the rounded side at entry, it quickly firms up in the latter palate.”

more tasting comments:

2008 The Climber White Wine (88% Sauvignon Blanc, 4% Muscat, 3% Riesling, 3% Chardonnay, 2% Chenin Blanc) – $14 SRP – Screw cap closure. Very light straw color with medium to high reflectivity meaning fairly high acid. There was even a bit of effervesence in ths glass. Nose produced grapefruit, apricot and honeysuckle. The taste was a little toned down from the aromatics of the nose, yet brought out some lemon/citrus, grapefruit, minerality and a little petulence on the finish (light spice). My wife felt this could compare to Conundrum and it was very refreshing for this time of year, as it expects to hit 98 degrees here in the ATL today!

From a Woot last August:

Why is South Carolina not on the list this time? It’s always on the list…sadness :frowning:

would be in… but no Nebraska

needs me some juice to wash down my Cliff bar! I can never remember… is it red or white with Chocolate chip (and do I need to use a glass?)

my order still hasn’t shown up on my account, i hope mr server remembers my number…not enough nor gates?

I just got up, and am so glad these were up! I told my husband if they came up during a wootoff, I was in for a few. Best white wine I’ve had in a long time, especially for the price. Perfect summer drinker.

Clif Family Winery The Climber Four - Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: asakasitz
Speed to first woot: 0m 45.650s
Last wooter to woot: darlenee1

I’m not a white drinker so I’m passing… but I have been tremendously impressed with the QPR on past Clif offerings

Yeah, I’m glad I bought this. Reviews seem generally positive.

past rattage

I went in for 2 last time this was up and just did it again. It’s a nice white wine, a touch on the sweet side for me but the wife likes it and I will still drink it.

Clean Melon…who can turn THAT down?

“The Clif Family Winery believes in a sustainable, organic world.”

From their website, “Since we purchase most of our grapes from third party growers, we are committed to finding growers that farm organically or meet minimum sustainability requirements. At this time, our wines are currently sourced from approximately 30% CCOF certified organic vineyard sources. We also source all of our fruit regionally with the farthest sourcing coming from Mendocino County.”

It’s not organic yet, but they are working toward that. I like that. Sounds like a good summer wine. In for one.

In 2009 Clif Family Farm became CCOF (California Certified Organic Farmers) certified.

http://www.cliffamilywinery.com/ourstory.php

sigh… i convinced myself to buy some only to realize they won’t ship to WV. oh well, saves my $ for something else!

We really liked this stuff the last time it was up. My wife especially appreciates the screw cap (not to mention the clean, dry taste). So, the decision to get a case more was easy.

I just hope that there are a few crates of the Anne Amie Cuvée A Müller-Thurgau left laying around the ol’ warehouse ready to go up today. I would love some more of that (hint, hint).

Fortunately for me, I am stuck at home with a seriously bad back. That gives me plenty of time to follow the Woots! Not to mention the added benefit of making shopping decisions while on heavy doses of narcotics!

love this wine, especially for $10/bottle. In for eight.