Clif Family Winery The Climber Four - Pack

In for three again. This one is a best of the best for around $10, and though I am not a huge white drinker, south Texas summer heat is on the way (90 on Friday) and my wooting is going to be very limited until October. Thanks WD for bringing this one back!

Price is right! Summers coming! I’m in for one!

In for 2, been looking for something not too expensive for this summer. :slight_smile:

oh, and yay screw caps!

Last time it was up I thought it was really enjoyable - good summer sipper and at a price that if you want to make some kind of foofoo white whine sangria it works out well

The hard part about the woot offs is knowing when to open the wallet for the good deals like these vs getting prepared for some of the more expensive really good stuff. Very torn

This wine is from the 2008 vintage – before they were certified - so this would not be considered a CCOF wine, and, thus, they cannot put that on their label.

This is a great summer time wine. Clean, crisp and a little bit spicier and floral than a typical NZ sauv blanc, which a lot of the CA producers seem to be mimicking these days. After buying it on Woot last time around, we occasionally buy it at Whole Foods down the street for $12-13 when it goes on sale.

damn SIWBM!! This stuff looks tastey.

Oh, most unfortunate circumstance! Here I am taking some PTO, and up comes a woot-off. My credit card may not make it through the day.

In for one. I’m mightly low on whites.

At the risk of tilting against the crowd, I was disappointed with this wine. My wife and I both found it hearburn-inducing acidic. Or maybe we were drinking it too fast…

AWESOME! I almost didn’t even check wine.woot today since I ordered the Blue Jay yesterday. I bought a case of the Climber last year and drank it all up! It is an excellent white blend for drinking in the summer. In for 3!

Anything similar to the Kim Crawford? I’m a little put off by the “sweet” notes… but summer will be here soon enough.

Tasty…I bought some during the last offer and am tempted to buy more. I do hope they offer the Climber Red as well this wootoff (if the Woot gods are listening). :slight_smile:

I’m in again for this. I did not find it sweet. It does have pleasant fruit notes, but I found it on the dry side, which I prefer. It is a lighter white, and doesn’t have that strong one-note grapefruit flavor that so many Sauvignon Blancs have these days. I like the citrus aspects in whites, but not when it is so overpowering that no other aromas or flavors come through.

In for 1. Really sounds like my kind of white and my cellar is severely skewed toward reds right now.

For a moment I was relieved that I’ll be in a long meeting at work all afternoon and thus unable to track the woot off and max out the credit card.

Then I bought the woot! app for the iPhone.

Can you say DOOMED?

Yep, you’re screwed. I’ve found myself “wooting while driving” during a woot-off.

I’m going to pass…But-WD, when for the Triacipadis?

I have peeps champin’ at the bit for more of that!

Aw. No shipping to Kansas. :frowning: :frowning: My book club girlfriends would have loved this.

I need to find someone in Colorado or Nebraska close to the Kansas state line - maybe we could work out a bootleg deal…

Same here…in last time and in again today.

-glen

This is a positive note for me actually, and my guess is others as well. When I drink whites, I want them to be tongue-cutting acidic.

Can I say…shame on you!