Clif ‘The Climber’ Chardonnay Case

Clif Family Winery ‘The Climber’ Chardonnay Case
$89.99 $208.00 57% off List Price
2012 The Climber Chardonnay
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
3/7/14

Bought a case of this from Woot and really enjoyed it as a summer sipper. Fairly dry, screwtop for easy fridge storage (only 1 white wine drinker in the house), and the price is right.

Clif Family doesn’t spare much expense. wines always punch above their weight. This deal in particular.

The notes say fermented in stainless steel, but can anyone verify that it is completely un-oaked? Un-oaked is the only type of Chardonnay I like.

Does it come with the climbing rope?

Is this the same stuff that’s in the bags?

Nope. not even close.

I like the photo shoot. Clever.

I agree!! Good job to the photographer on the creativity for this one!

Rehash of the previous offering images…

That being said, I would have liked to see a crotch loop (obviously there is no crotch on a bottle) to make it more supportive and balanced. Typically you have a waist loop and crotch loop - though if you have a proper harness it is all built in.

Getting back on track - this is a pretty good Chard but there are some lower cost “Australian” varieties that I think are better. Think Yellow tail Chard - buttery, cheap and plentiful.

looks like bungee cords to me

I’m not too experienced in the world of un-oaked chards, do you have any notes on this? I tend to stray away from the California butter bombs, but really enjoy an old world white Burgundy.

I’m not too experienced in the world of un-oaked chards, do you have any notes on this? I tend to stray away from the California butter bombs, but really enjoy an old world white Burgundy.

I agree. Do not like oaky buttery charts. Would have bitten if I had gotten an answer.

I was waiting on an answer as well. I prefer the stainless and do not care at all for oak. Wish the specs would have had what we were looking for. Perhaps next time. I have four other woot offerings that should arrive very soon (fingers crossed).