Cobra NAV ONE 5000 Portable GPS with 5” Touchscreen, Text to Speech and Bluetooth

with the fact that this is such a large size and the fact that it has blue tooth this is pretting tempting even though I have a smaller navigon that is great, kind of need the blue tooth. Going to do some research first though and see how good the maps are. Does anyone have one of these? Did not know Cobra did Nav.

Just bought the Magellan Roadmate 1212 Portable Navigation System with Text-To-Speech Guidance in a Full Featured 3.5" Display today for $99. It’s still in the box and now considering this Cobra instead. Anyone have any opinions on what system would be the best for the price?

Hey Fellow Wooterinos! Before you hit the gold button, read the 8 comments at:

http://www.gpsreview.net/cobra-nav-one-5000/

save you dosh for christmas crap!

Hohoho

Word of warning… Cobra GPS is the undead.

According to a year-old press release from Cobra, they’re bravely running away from the GPS market.

Then thou shalt recieve a basic and crappy GPS with year-old maps, forcing you (I swore I’d never update my maps, but it’s really a necesity with all the changes) to upgrade your maps for $60, thus equalling or surpassing the triple-digit mark on even the cheapest GPS systems (good luck finding any GPS for under $40).

Recertified + Sold Out = No Deal

Not tonight, got a Garmin yesterday

damn you woot. i just bought a garmin nuvi 205w on black friday.

Just road-tripped with my Garmin 550 I wooted a few weeks back. It worked like a charm. Thanks WOOT.

So who’s the Scottish guy with the metal face? Dr. Doom?

Its kinda funny. The kinda downplay their own product in the release.

Cobra needs to stay in the CB market and not the GPS market. Had one of these several times it locked up. Took it to the factory in Chicago, the replacement did the same thing. When I took the second one back I asked about upgrading, the guy at the counter said. (In a low voice) “You don’t want the new one trust me; you will be back with a bat.”
I have had Garmin since and will never buy a Cobra again. I gave the Cobra away for free.

I ordered one of these during the Woot-Off on the morning of 11/19/2008. I wish that I could at least give a review on the item, but I haven’t even gotten a tracking number yet stating that the unit is on it’s way. I guess I might have to buy a second one so that the second GPS can tell the first one how to get to my house!!

from what i seen on cnet the up dates fix the crashes no one that are having trouble with the crash talked about the up date

BUT Neweggs doesnt have bluetooth. Although Garmin is a better GPS, If I needed one, I’d probably wither get this one since its a good deal with bluetooth, or I’d buy a more expensive garmin with Bluetooth. Bluetooth GPS’s are pretty nice to have. Buddy o mine has one.

BOTTOM LINE: if you want a GPS with bluetooth this is a killer price. Go for it.

Any good comments? Blue tooth seems almost worth it

nice touch centering the map in north dallas and representing your hood woot!

The comments on the Cobra site mentioned above should warn anyone from buying it.

I think anyone who bought a Garmin or a Tom Tom on a Black Friday deal is probably better off keeping those and passing on this.

I think there was at best one positive comment out of about ten.

This thing’s got a pretty good take from the guys over at PC Mag.

BUT its a good deal. Everyone that was offering them on black friday (the tomtom’s and garmins) those didnt have bluetooth.